|| FIFTY-EIGHT ||

Clutching the sink with her shaking fingers, Lauryn met with her own reflection, the very sight of herself causing something to snap inside of her. She sent her fist into the glass, making it shatter as well as send a terrible blow to her fist, and she cried out in pain. "Fuck!"

The door swung open, and Sweet Pea grabbed ahold of her as she collapsed onto the glass-covered floor. "What the hell did you do?!"

"He's gone!" she wailed, the blood from her fist dripping onto the floor. "Fangs is fucking gone!"

Hushing her as the pain in her voice terrified him worse than any streetfight or drag race, he kissed her head for what felt like minutes just to buy himself time to figure out what to say. "Calm down. It's okay."

"I can't," she fretted, barely audibly. "I can't!"

Bumblebee burst in, her eyes widening at the state of the room as Sweet Pea looked up at her desperately. "What--"

"Get the first aid kit!" he barked and she ran back out, his voice cracking as he clasped Lauryn's hand which coated his skin with the second sheen of Fogarty blood that night. "Damn it, Lauryn."

"They killed him!" Lauryn screamed, and some of the other Serpents appeared in the doorway to see what was going on. FP shoved his way through, his boots crushing the shards of glass on the floor.

"This ain't good for the baby, Doll," he advised as he crouched down by her, reading the utterly horrified expression on Sweet Pea's face. He raised his brow. 

Before Sweet Pea could tell him how dire things were, he felt Lauryn's head tilt back against him, and a hard wince let her lips followed by a whine, and FP instantly realized what was happening. His stomach dropped. "It's coming, isn't it?"

"She's been like this for over two hours," Sweet Pea explained, unable to hide the trembling in his voice. "We haven't been able to get her to the general."

"How far apart are the contractions, boy?"

"Now?" Sweet Pea thought, grunting in frustration as his thoughts were a complete blur. "Uh, I'm not sure but--"

"Last time we checked, they were seventeen minutes apart," Bumblebee said as she hopped over the glass to Lauryn with a green box in her hands. "It's likely they're at around ten now."

Ten minutes felt like such a short amount of time, and Sweet Pea felt his body enter a panic he'd never come face to face with before. He tried to brush his bangs out of his face unnervingly, but they just fell back over his eyes which frustrated him. 

He kissed Lauryn's temple, glancing at FP in hope of some guidance before he eventually broke. Lauryn opened her eyes, looking up at the ceiling to pray for a sign that she wasn't going to lose it all that night. 

"We need to sort out that hand," FP began after gathering himself, examining her hand which transmitted red blood onto his fingers as well. "Get her upstairs out of the way."

Sweet Pea pulled himself up, managing to lift her up with him by her arms. "Come on, Angel Face."

The watching Serpents shifted aside for them to pass through, and they slowly made their way up the steep staircase to the office room. FP closed the door as Lauryn was set down on the couch, leaning her elbow against the arm of the leather to cover her face in order not to look at the blood. 

"Let's see it, Doll," FP told her after he switched on the light, sitting down next to her as Bumblebee opened the first aid box from where she set it on the desk. She held it out gradually, and he held it still to look for any pieces of glass which may have made their way into her fist. "I don't see any glass."