|| THIRTY-FOUR ||

Lauryn was stood by the sink washing the dishes used for dinner, reflecting on the events of the evening. Since there was a lot of talking going on, Fangs managed to loosen up while talking to Katherine, and the three teenagers almost forgot who she was years ago.

When Katherine left, Fangs hugged her, noticeably more relaxed than he was when he was upset. Sweet Pea also received a hug, which felt somewhat foreign to him. They felt like a family, a broken one for now, but still a family.

Sweet Pea crept up behind Lauryn, snaking his hands around her waist from behind to caress the bump lightly. He rested his chin on her shoulder. "Tonight was better, huh?"

"Yeah," she agreed, setting her head on his as she set the clean plates on the drying rack.

"Do you feel better?" he asked. "After this morning?"

"Sure do."

"All right, lovebirds," Fangs interrupted as he reentered the trailer after seeing Katherine off. "I'm gonna swing by Jared's. I think it's time we talk."

His sister smiled at him. "Good for you, Fangs. Let me know how it goes?"

He didn't look nearly as hopeful as she did, but he nodded. "Sure."

"Later, bro," Sweet Pea added, and the couple waved Fangs off as he went out of the door. 

Lauryn noticed how her boyfriend was touchier than usual and dried off her hands before turning around, her hands trailing around his neck. "Can I help you with something?"

"Maybe," he smirked, leaning in to kiss her. His fingers drew down to her core which he cupped, causing her to chuckle in surprise.

"Easy," she laughed. "Take it slow."

Sweet Pea crashed his lips onto hers, ignoring her request as he failed to resist her touch. She giggled before kissing back, unbuttoning his plaid shirt as he felt below her shirt which erupted goosebumps upon her skin.

He picked her up quickly, carrying her over the couch where he dropped her down to hover above her hungrily. Their lips briefly touched yet again as their eye contact spoke a million words. 

Lauryn's hand snuck up from his side to his area, a dark smile appearing across her cheeks as she knew she had him held captive. She chuckled lightly at the expression which formed on his face.

"You don't wanna do that," he warned her, but she persisted, and he chortled. "You hear me?"

"No," she teased, and as she looked up at the window, her face paled and she sprung up from under Sweet Pea in horror. "Shit!"

"What?" Sweet Pea asked frantically, standing up straight to let her up. "What happened?"

She bolted to the front door, running outside down the steps with Sweet Pea running after her in confusion. "Lauryn, stop!"

He finally caught up to her when she stopped to look around, clasping her upper arm and tugging at her frustratedly, the fear on her face worrying him. "What the hell are you doing?"

Lauryn bent down to catch her breath. "I... I saw Skye. She was at the window."

Sweet Pea frowned, unable to believe the absurdity. "Are you sure you weren't just seeing things?"

His girlfriend shot a look up at him which made him instantly regret his question. She stood up straight, nodding. "Pretty damn sure, Sweet Pea."

"I'm sorry," he said with a stiff sigh before taking her hand. "Look, I'm not gonna let her hurt you, okay? You know that."