|| NINE ||

"What the hell is going on? Where'd Sweet Pea go?" Fangs inquired, shaking his sister's agitated shoulders so she'd finally look at him. "Lauryn?"

Lauryn licked her lips and pushed him off, looking back at the road for a second before shaking her head. "He left because we had a fight. He's got something against Skye based on the little history they have."

Fangs knew all about it. He was there at the Wyrm the night Skye asked Sweet Pea out, and Lauryn was too, however, she was too drunk to process anything that went on.

"What did she do?" he huffed. "They only went out once. Is she trying to get another chance?"

His sister frowned. "She wanted to watch us make out and surely, she was kidding. Sweet Pea doesn't think she was, though. He thinks she's even involved with the Ghoulies because she talks to them and is gone a few days a week. Come on, it has to be a way of covering up his feelings for her!"

Fangs laughed at his little sister, his hands grasping her cheeks. "You sound crazy. You know he doesn't look at her the way he looks at you. Besides, I have to say, she does act weird. I think he's just looking out for you since she volunteered to be your school chaperone."

They both looked over at Skye. She was dancing obscenely with her ripped tank top and a drink in her hand to show off at all of the men there, careless of their ages which Lauryn took as an indirect attack, a way of showing that she'd won.

She turned away in disgust, wondering how this girl was never afraid to pull her shirt off for a show, and she had to admit, Sweet Pea would definitely have better taste than that.

"I guess you're right. I know he cares about me, but don't you think he's jealous o-or conflicted— at least, a little bit?" She hoped her brother would agree.

Fangs didn't answer, he wasn't in her shoes and didn't want to mess anything up. He let out a sigh, scrambling for an answer in his head.

"Go fix things with him. Talk it out. This whole thing is stupid," he advised, pointing to her bike. "Maybe you could give him some make up-"

"I get it, Fangs!" she cut him off with a grimace, doing as he said. "And, FYI, that's for me to know, and you to never find out."

Fangs laughed as she left before he ambled back over to Toni and Jared to fill them in, when he saw Skye watching Lauryn leave before taking out her phone and disappearing behind some trees literal seconds after putting on a show, and he knew something wasn't right.

Lauryn pulled up to Sweet Pea's trailer within minutes, a touch of nervousness sitting in the pit of her stomach. She wasn't sure if she could admit to the jealousy she expressed, or if he'd apologise for snapping at her.

She walked up the steps before stopping at the door. She held up her fist to knock but couldn't bring herself to do it. Lauryn wanted one of his hugs, for everything to be okay. But she was too frightened that something was going to mess up so early in their relationship, and that would only be clear if they talked. Neither of them ever liked to admit that they were wrong.

Once again, not trusting her instincts got the best of her and she walked away, driving off angrily again. She knew she had to stop being like this, but their friendship was the reason she hadn't said anything in the first place, and she wanted this to hurt as little as possible.

Sweet Pea was watching from the front window, he knew very well that his words were overly defensive and came across as shallow lies, and he shouldn't have snapped like that. He couldn't blame her for leaving, he should've been more gentle.

Now he had Lauryn properly, he didn't want to hurt her. He then decided, he was going to talk to her. He needed her more than anything but needed to be guaranteed that she'd accept his apology.