|| FOUR ||

"Shit!" Lauryn exclaimed as she jumped out of bed, startling Sweet Pea who had his arm around her stiffly. She accidentally knocked the digital clock off of the nightstand reaching for her phone, sitting up frantically. "It's late."

"Relax. When have you ever cared about being late to that shithole?" her boyfriend asked tiredly. He sat up, rubbing his eyes.

"Since Jughead Jones is transferring today, and Toni and I are giving him the tour," Lauryn reminded him, grasping her hairbrush. "I can't miss this."

"Alright, easy. Come back to bed for a while, though." Sweet Pea laid back down, reaching out for her, and Lauryn chucked a pillow at him. "I love when you stay over."

"Come on, get up!" She pulled the blankets off of him roughly. "We've got twenty minutes to get ready, and ten of them will probably consist of you doing your hair!"

"No, I'll probably be hurrying you up," he argued with a hard scoff, giving in and lugging himself out of bed. "I know how you are with choosing what to wear."

"Nope, already picked. My black ripped jeans and orange plaid, how's that?" She smiled with her eyes as well as her lips smugly and ran into the bathroom before he could. "Dibs on the shower!"

Sweet Pea laughed, tossing a towel in there after her."It's an improvement. Maybe you'll be the same with shoes one day?"

"No promises." She poked her head out from behind the door, poking her tongue out at him. "I'll be five minutes, I promise."

Angel Face emerged from the bathroom a few minutes later with a towel wrapped around her, catching a look from Sweet Pea that she couldn't ignore. "Can I help you?"

He couldn't take his eyes off of her. Spending a morning with her so casually felt like something he could only dream of. "I could've joined you, we would've saved water and had way more fun."

"But wasted time," Lauryn smirked as she dropped the towel down to pull up her underwear, and his eyes widened in awe. She turned back around, catching him, and her cheeks turned red. "Stop gawking at me and get your ass into that shower!"

"Okay, okay, I'm going!" Sweet Pea surrendered before taking one last look at her and hurrying into the bathroom with a towel before stopping and poking his head back out. "One more look?" 

"Shut up!" His girlfriend screamed, not even being able to finish the last word since she'd started laughing. "You're such an idiot!"

"So what's the deal with you and this Jughead?" Sweet Pea asked after ten minutes of silence which consisted of them trying to get ready, tying his shoe. Angel Face sensed the jealousy on her boyfriend's face and giggled at him. "Was he your boyfriend or something?"

"Nothing happened between us. I was like eight last time I saw him in person!" she laughed, watching as Sweet Pea started to feel stupid. She reached over to poke one of his cheeks. "You're cute when you're jealous, did you know that?"

He leaned in to kiss her and she cupped his cheeks with her hands. Lauryn quickly pulled away as the kiss got deeper, preventing it from going any further. "We better get going, we don't have time to mess around."

"How about somewhere at school?"

"No!" She hit his chest lightly, shaking her head. "You know damn well that the doors don't lock properly, and the Ghoulies are gonna be up my ass stalking me at school for weeks. We don't need to have a sex tape out there."

--------

"Hey, Toni," Lauryn greeted, sitting down next to the pink-haired girl who was polishing her camera lens on a bench outside once they got to school. "Nice camera. Trying to catch a Ghoulie with his pant down?"