|| TWENTY ||

Angel Face didn't know what to do. She couldn't believe he'd leave her like that when she needed him most and developed a strong hatred that drove her to grab her bag and leave. She stormed across the trailer park, almost absentminded to the fact that she was doing so.

When she opened the trailer door, Fangs leapt up from his seat at the kitchen table when he saw her and the hysterical state she was in. "Are you okay?"

"No," she bawled, dropping her bag as he rushed to her aid, pulling her straight into a tight hug. "I've fucked everything up."

"That's not true," he told her, unsure of what part she was referring to. "Did you... I mean, are you..."

"I don't know," she answered him, the thought of it driving her even crazier. "I don't even want to know!"

"It's okay," he soothed, sighing. "Where's Sweet Pea?"

"We got in a fight," she tried to explain, but he wasn't going to press her any further in the state she was in.

Having to bite his lip in order not to take the debris from the pain in his sister's voice, Fangs inhaled. "It's gonna be all right, just, stay here and I'll--"

"No," she pulled away from him frantically, shaking her head. "No, I can't talk to him! I need to think about this."

"Okay, okay," he cautioned. "Come on, you're tired."

Assisting her to her room, he carried in her bag before placing it by her bed. She kicked off her shoes, throwing off her jacket before diving into bed.

"Lauryn," he sat down on her bedside. "Do you have the test with you?"

"No," she said, turning over as the very thought of it made her feel sick. "I don't want to think about it. I just want to sleep."

"All right," he gave in considerably, lifting her duvet over her shoulder. "We'll figure this out tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay," she sniffled, secretly hoping that she wouldn't have to deal with tomorrow. Her brother closed the door quietly, leaving her alone in the darkness which she couldn't stay awake in any longer.

Lauryn woke up from her grizzly slumber late morning, feeling both hot and cold under the sheets as her limbs were still shaking. She stared up at the ceiling, reflecting on what happened the previous night.

Her eyes were still sore and puffy from all the crying, and she rubbed them dryly. She turned onto her side, staring at the sun which was blaring through the window harshly. Uncomfortable from the fact that she was sweating, she got up, planning to shower.

As usual, though, she was greeted by morning sickness, which she only saw as karma for all of her denial. She had to stop kidding herself. Panicking, she grabbed her phone to check yet another piece of evidence she'd put off. She was four days late.

Pressing Toni's name on her contacts, she lifted the phone up to her ear. "Toni. I... I've really messed up. I need you to come over right now--"

"Wait, Lauryn, slow down," Toni cut her off, hearing her best friend's trembly breathing. "Sweet Pea's here in a fit of rage, Fangs is trying to calm him down. Have you guys had a fight or--"

Lauryn broke. "It's more than that. I need you, Toni. Please, come."

Toni sighed, wondering how bad things truly could've been. "I'm on my way. Sit tight."

Dropping everything, Toni hurried out from behind the bar past the guys who were trying to console Sweet Pea, not bothering to ask for any more information. When she reached Lauryn's trailer, the door was unlocked.