|| FIFTY-THREE ||

In all but days, Sheriff Keller had lost his job, and settled with his new status of being the man who failed to protect Riverdale. The Fogarty siblings hadn't heard a single thing from the law regarding the footage, and they began to believe that they were just overthinking the entire situation.

At least, Lauryn did. Fangs carried his switchblade around, paranoid out of his mind. He wouldn't admit it to anyone, but he was petrified when the people around him would even look in his direction. 

"Hey," Lauryn said, which startled him. She put a hand on his arm. "Oh, sorry. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, fine," he lied, glancing around the hall. "I was on my way to practice. I think Sweet Pea's already there."

"Are you gonna be done by the end of the day?"

"I'm not sure," he said as they started to walk. "Why?"

"I was thinking the three of us could go to Pop's. An ice cream sundae would be the perfect reward for this shit-show of a week."

"You know what?" he smiled. "That sounds great."

"Awesome. It's not like I was going to take no for an answer, though," Lauryn replied, and the smile was wiped off her face when she noticed the students around her glancing up from their phone screens straight at her and Fangs. 

She looked around, frowning as they stopped. "What the hell is with people today?"

The school announcement speaker screeched on as if on cue, and it was almost as if the words were swallowing them up. 

"Attention, students. This is Principal Weatherbee. I need Fangs Fogarty to come to my office immediately."

Fangs took out his phone as it beeped, his face paling at what he saw. He swallowed anxiously, all of his nightmares beginning to come true. His sister looked over, feeling her heart plummet to the ground. 

"Someone must've leaked it," she assumed, grabbing his arm as they broke into what was almost a run. "Come on. We need to find Jughead right now."

The ocean of students which was starting to get to them extended all through the halls, and they were certain that there wasn't a single person in school who hadn't seen it. There was only a matter of time before things got hostile, particularly with the new Dark Circle which Reggie Mantle was inevitably part of.

Jared emerged from the line by the lockers, one of his hands slowing Lauryn by the shoulder as he approached them in confusion. "Guys, what the hell is all this about?"

"Not now," Fangs dismissed, but Jared followed after them anyway. They turned a sharp corner, and Fangs almost bumped into Jughead who was looking for them with Toni. 

"What the hell?! This video's everywhere!" Fangs exasperated, glancing at his sister who couldn't hide her fear. "How'd it get out?"

"We have to get you out of here, all right?" Jughead ushered, trying to lead him away rapidly.

"You're dead, Vixen Killer!" Reggie yelled as he raced down the stairs with his army trailing behind him. Fangs' eyes widened with fear, and the group diverted the other way to try and run.

To their misfortune, the other hall was blocked by Principal Weatherbee standing with the new Sheriff Minetta and two deputies. 

"Mr Fogarty," Sheriff Minetta called. "We need you to come with us."

"I didn't do anything," Fangs said simply, but it was clear that he was trying to keep his cool. He turned around to walk away but was blocked by Bulldogs and students.