|| SEVENTEEN ||

Lauryn was the first one to wake up in the morning, stretching before gently escaping Sweet Pea's warm clutch around her waist. She stood up quickly, letting the morning sunlight warm her face through the window as her tired eyes adjusted, but before she could enjoy a further second of the sun's glow, she felt her stomach do a sudden forward roll. 

Slapping a hand over her mouth as she knew what was coming, she sprinted for the bathroom, vomiting into the toilet as quietly as she could so Sweet Pea wouldn't hear her. The sour taste in her mouth made it worse, and she groaned breathily before pulling the handle.

She thought nothing of it, maybe that she got up too fast or her body was adapting to the end of the meds. Lauryn brushed her teeth, tying her hair up into a bun before taking a second to stare at herself in the mirror.

As she waited for the toast to pop up, she stared at the orange and yellow awakening sky through the window and sipped her coffee from the mug it was in, wondering why it tasted bitterer than usual. 

You can do this, she whispered to herself, intrusively imagining herself breaking and accidentally letting the vicious encounter with Malachai slip. Knowing herself all too well, she knew it was a hard topic to avoid if it was on the top of her mind all day. For years, she'd thought being unable to hide her emotions was a good thing, but now it was digging her out.

The toast popped up ready, which surprised her slightly and she hastened over to grab two plates and the butter before everything got cold. Glancing over at Sweet Pea, she could see that he was still fast asleep, facing the back of the couch so she couldn't see his face. 

She simpered at him, creeping over in order not to startle him before kneeling down by the couch, shaking him lightly. He let out a groan, pulling the blanket further over his face. 

"Baby, do you want something to eat?" she asked softly, and he only hummed in response which gave her no answer at all. She chuckled. "You want me to warm it up for you in a little bit?"

He didn't reply, so she took it as a yes. Kissing his temple, she went to go sit at the table alone. After about three bites, she realised she had no appetite at all, and the food started to make her want to hurl. Unwilling to go through that again, she started cleaning up.

"Hey," Sweet Pea said tiredly, making her jump as his arms snaked around her waist from behind while she was doing the dishes. He kissed her shoulder, inhaling her smell as his hands trailed down to her panties. 

She giggled as his fingers teased below the pretty black lace, turning around. "Can I help you?"

"Wow, even better from the front," he husked, lifting his t-shirt she was wearing to get a better view.

"I hope so," she teased, and his gaze remained consistent, darkening within the second as he leaned down to kiss her slowly, tugging her closer to him. She wrapped her arms around his neck, running her fingers up into his hair.

He lifted her onto the counter nearby, hoisting the t-shirt off over her head for his hands to caress her torso, up to her breasts to watch her eyes flutter open between kisses. He bit at her lip as her hands descended for the elastic of his sweatpants, tracing lightly over his crotch to watch his eyes tell her everything she needed to know.

Before things could escalate any further, he lifted her up, and with an unsuspecting chuckle, she latched her legs around his waist, grabbing onto him. "What are you doing?"

"I have a better idea," he said, smirking as he carried her into the bathroom, putting her down to switch on the shower for it to warm up. He towered over her dominantly, slipping his hand down below the lace to watch her face melt as his eye contact with her remained persistent.