Chapter XXXIV: Knight In Shining Armor. (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

The guards still haven't checked on her yet. 

It's been about an hour now. 

So, she decided to approach her father with the issue. 

She swung the wide door open and noted that there was no one patrolling the halls. 

How safe. 

No wonder the assassinated her mother, these guards do not care.

"Father?" The queen's voice echoed throughout the long hallway.

"Yes, my love?" The king came out of his room without his crown and regular clothes like his daughter.

His smile dropped and he frowned his face harshly.

"Before you speak, I want you to know, I snuck out and snuck back in and the guards were not doing their jobs. And I brought a knight with me. One that will do her job to actually protect us. I take interest in her and with all respect, recommend she works here at the castle instead of these imbeciles you call knights."

"You snuck out? Where were the knights?" He exclaimed, calling out for them.

"Not on duty." She scoffed.

She has confidence. 

No one would ever dare to speak to the king like that.

"Well, they'll be taken care of. I understand you want to explore sometimes, but please, do not sneak out Clementine. You know I hate that. You do not know what can happen when you are not being protected properly. You know what happened to your mother. I should punish you, but I cannot. I trap you inside the castle all day, what else should I have expected. It has been 22 years. Just ask next time." He took a deep breath after speaking.

"And she is a female. What do you mean she is a knight?" He averted his vision to me with a curious look.

"Well, father, she has a history in extensive training in self-defense, she worked hard for years, but never earned the opportunity to put it to the test, she is selfless and genuinely cares for others, which the other knights do not... Shall I go on?" 

"Nothing further. May you introduce yourself?" The king gave me his undivided attention.

"Good afternoon sir. I am Violet Adlon. From nothing but the heart of the village itself. I have many talents, I am resourceful, confident, outgoing, hardworking, determined, and soon to be a knight in shining armor. I would sincerely appreciate if you give me a chance to prove my worth and dedication to you and your daughter. That is all." I bowed to him, giving him the respect he wanted.

He's smiling. 

He must like me.

One of the knights walked around the corner and ran into us.

Lee glanced at him and nonchalantly said, "Tell the chef to make a dinner for us, we have company, and you're fired." Lee gave him the cold stare after those last words, daring him to challenge him.

"Yes, sir." The knight did as asked with hesitation. 

"You will be joining us for dinner. I want to get to know you better. I have a great feeling about this. You have my trust, you have the queens... is there anything else you had in mind you may need?" He cocked an eyebrow. 

"No thank you sir. And thank you for listening." I nodded my head gratefully.

"You two go have fun." He shooed us off playfully before going back into his room to do whatever it was he was doing. 

"We can wait in my room. The Knights will get us when the food is ready."

With those words, she dragged me back down the hall where we started and shut the door behind us. 

"You need to get cleaned up. I will have a change of clothes for you. There are extra towels and cloths in there to use." She pointed to the restroom.

(Yes, there were bathtubs in the 1800s. I googled it loser.)

"Thank you, for everything." I grabbed her hand and held it gently.

The soft touch of her skin was enough to send my mind wandering.

What would her lips feel like?

What would it feel like to kiss her?

She just stared into my eyes. 

I didn't realize hers were honey gold until now.

I looked down at her lips and back up to her eyes.

It may be too fast, considering I only met her about 4 hours ago, but I really want this.

"Your welcome." She whispered, allowing me to feel the warmth of her breath on my lips.

I leaned in and closed the gap between us.

When her lips reciprocated, I almost fainted.

I pulled back to look at her who had a smile plaster on her face.

"That was enchanting... I want to do it again." She giggled a bit.

My heart was not in the right place. 

In shock is an understatement as of now. 

She leaned in and kissed me this time.

I pressed my lips against hers and smiled in between.

This is the start of something new.

Who knows if she will regret it or not?

Who knows if I will regret it or not?