Chpt 5. La Italiana

Start from the beginning

I was scared of touch him, scared of what I might do if he held me in his arms, but it was too tempting.

We made it to the house in an hour, when I look behind me he wasn't there anymore. At least he understood that it was uncomfortable for me be near him right now.

I step in and walked to my room, I was too stressed to sleep so I took a hot long shower until the water became cold. I wrapped myself in a towel and I stared at my reflection, it was blurry, so I clean the humidity out of it.

I stared at myself for a while; I looked different, tired and plain, like a human. That's exactly what happens when I don't feed, I become human.

My eyes grew wide as I realize I had a scar on my neck, I trace my fingers over it leaving me a pleasant sensation. A rush of images blurred my mind, like Caleb doing wonders on my neck.

"F*ck!!" I yelled as I stepped back

How could I explain my dad that I was marked by a WOLF?

Caleb's POV

"F*ck"I heard Avril yell

I was tempted on check on her but I restrained myself. I needed time to figure out everything that was bugging me, Avril cold mind about the whole mate subject for example.

I couldn't help wondered if she already knew about our existence, the Night Creatures I mean, not just the wolves, also the vampires, the shifters, witches etc.

I still had Cameron interrogating the vampire we let alive, it worried me how that leech had come looking for Avril, he didn't even tried to escape when he had the chance, he just went straight to the house where he knew she would be.

Something about Avril was off I was sure, I love her but I knew she was hiding something important and I was going to figure it out.

Avril's POV

I woke up early in the morning to call my dad, we didn't talk much, it was mostly to make sure I was safe.

I change in to my skinny jeans, tank top and converse and headed downstairs. I heard music playing in the living room and as I stepped closer I recognized Misery Business by Paramore.

I saw a girl sitting in the couch painting her toenails in a shiny black, she seemed to know I was there cause she turned to me

"Hi you must be Avril" she smiled

"Yes, hi" I smiled back trying to figure out why she was so familiar

"I'm Ashley" she said "Caleb's sister"

"Oh, I didn't know he had a sister" I said "Well, I don't even know him, he could be a 30 years old man with wife and kids... You know..."

"He's just 22" she laugh "And he can't have kids unless is with you, you are his mate after all"

I blushed at the mention of having kids with him

"So... where's Caleb?" I asked

"He had to take care of some business" she shrugged "He asked me to hang out with you

"Cool" I murmured looking away

He wasn't here and that gave me the chance to escape before my dad decide to look for me, by this time tomorrow I should be far away.

Ashley and I hang out for a while, we had a lot in common, I really liked her.

"What if we get out here?" I suggested "Let's do something fun"

"I don't think that's a good idea" she said "Caleb doesn't want you to go out"