31

The truth was about to come out, but he was afraid of rejection
He didn't want anyone to know about the happiness injections

-

Jin's fingers strum across the strings of the acoustic guitar, playing a soft tune. It's been a few days since the visit of the police, and they've been resting for a little while, though they're still extremely uptight. The pink haired (now nearly a champagne colour) is certainly at least the second most nervous. His hallucinations have been worse.

He's been waking up in the middle of the night with visions of a dead cat ingrained in his mind, bloodily murdered. As well as visions of a mountain of pills, in a room with walls splattered with paint. A table in front of a painting of a forest, with an apple sitting on it. A cloudy gas station, with no one near it. The most horrific, however, is a room on fire as he runs through it, and not the fire but the fact that the room looks so familiar.

He's been residing in the peaceful notes of the guitar, and Jimin's soft yet somewhat ruined voice singing along to the song he plays. The ravenette has a beautiful voice, yet it's cracking and scratchy because of his past struggles with abusing his gag reflex in front of the dreaded porcelain bowl.

"Where's Yoongi?" Hoseok asks, slinging his arm over Taehyung's shoulders. The redhead still hasn't done anything about their.. situation.

Jimin stops singing. "He's upstairs doing what he calls 'Sherlock work'. Also known as detective paper work." Jimin explains, laying back against his chair. He whines, "can someone order pizza? I haven't had it in yearssss!"

"That's settled. We're getting pizza." Yoongi says seriously, coming down the stairs with a stack of paperwork. "Jimin wants, Jimin gets. It's the law."

-time skip, 8 p.m.-

The moon rises slowly in the black night sky, many of the boys have fallen asleep early. Hoseok and Jungkook are the only two awake, avoiding each other's eyes like the plague. The blonde isn't very successful at this however, as he keeps glaring the older down every time he even thinks of resting his hand anywhere near the sleeping Taehyung.

"What's you problem? He's my boyfriend." Hoseok whisper yells at the younger who walks over with his hands behind his back.

The older stares at him, trying to find the reason in his eyes, but instead is met with a knife nearly lodged into his chest. He grabs Jungkook's wrist to stop the blade and breathes heavily, his eyes widening.

"Jeongguk think about what you're doing! The police could make you a suspect if you kill me!" Hoseok screams in a breathy whisper, Jungkook scoffing and pulling his wrist out of Hoseok's grip.

He presses the knife gently against the older's neck. "Shut up, rapist." Jungkook growls lowly. "I'm more classy than that. Disgusting insomniacs like you don't deserve to be killed by the grace of my blades."

Jungkook pulls the knife away and watches as the older is hit by a wave of exhaustion. "What the hell is wrong with you? I'm not a rapist. Are you just jealous that I make love to my darling?"

The sickening tone behind Hoseok's voice makes Jungkook shiver. "You're fucked up. Seriously don't believe you're a rapist?"

"Of course not." Hoseok scoffs, looking at Taehyung who is peacefully sleeping. Though in Jungkook's more receptive eyes, he can see the redhead is shaking in his sleep, his eyes shut closed, body pulled together protectively. As if he's scared of something.