25

If anyone heard me crying that day, I doubt they would've spoke up anyway.

-

-Taehyung Focus-

nine years ago

"Tag! You're it Taehyung-oppa!" A small girl with jaw length black hair slaps a teen boy's shoulder, his eyes widening as he realizes he was tagged. The girl giggles insanely, and starts to run off across the field of green spring grasses and dandelions.

"Ohhhh~ Jennie-ah! Let's see if you can run fast enough now!" Taehyung yells after her,  counting up to ten to give her a head start before chasing after the short legged rascal.

It's the April months that are Taehyung's favourite. Today, a Sunday, his family is out on a picnic lunch this warm afternoon. Taehyung is spending quality time with his little sister as his mother and father watch from the picnic blanket.

From the outside, you'd see a normal family. Healthy kids, parents in love.

But this day was the last Taehyung remembers being happy.

That evening

"Son, please come sit here. Your mother and I have to talk to you." His father calls him into the living room, Taehyung's head quickly snapping up at the call, shoulder length black hair swishing at the fast movement. He dismisses his little sister from their game of Mario kart, and stands up to join his parents.

Taehyung sits down on the couch across from his parents, a coffee table between them with a cup of cold over steeped camomille tea rested on it. His parents seem slightly uptight, but are trying to put up a calm aura between them. Taehyung's amber eyes glaze their solemn expressions, before the silence is broken by his father clearing his throat.

"Taehyung. I have been offered a new job position." His father starts off, as Taehyung sits nervously cross legged on the sofa, black t-shirt resting on his caramel skin which starts to grow cold from fear as to what is to be said. His father gulps down slightly. "This means I will have to work more and come home later, and since your mother works a night shift you'll have to take care of Jennie."

"That's no problem-" Taehyung speaks up, slightly relieved, before his brought back down again.

"That's not all son." His father interrupts as his gaze becomes serious, an almost cold look in his eyes. Taehyung sits up straight, eyes shifting between both his mother and father. "We're aware of some things at school.. we've heard of some boys teasing you for something?"

"Ah.." Taehyung plasters on a fake grin, hoping it surpasses his parent's questioning looks. "It's nothing like that. Just my classmates joking around."

"Taehyung." His mother speaks up now, leaning forward and looking at him carefully. "We know the truth. You don't have to lie. We've told you, it's not normal for boys to have long hair and we just want you to be safe."

Taehyung furrows his eyebrows and looks down. He knows that it's not. He doesn't care about the bullies, they might hurt his feelings but his hair is important to him, because it's like a shield he can hide behind. It's like a protective soldier for his low self esteem.

"You know, if you cut it short you'd look very handsome, and much more like a boy." His father reassures. "And you wouldn't have to deal with the mean kids."