22

I'm surprised you haven't shattered, when you're held together by nothing but a fake smile.

Chapter 4:
Never Trust

10 a.m.

It was very silent at the breakfast table, the only people sitting there being Seokjin, Namjoon, and Taehyung. The redhead looked simply destroyed, his hair not tied back like usual but hiding his face.

"So Tae." Jin starts a conversation, the boy looking up at him. His eyes are puffy and red, and you can somewhat see scrapes on the sides of his neck. "Where's Hope?"

The younger gulps, eyes casting down before he looks up and flashes a forced grin. "He just went out for a walk. Needed some fresh air."

Namjoon simply sips his tea, glancing over at Seokjin. The air is quite tense, Taehyung takes a bite of his muffin. The air is almost still, the whirring of a fan in the distance. It's so silent, that the three can here slight conversation upstairs, assumably from Yoongi and Jimin who prove to converse a lot in the mornings. Taehyung plays with his fingers in his lap, his current personality surely being the timid type. Seokjin feels so awkward that he subconsciously leans against Namjoon, the man still drinking his tea. Taehyung shifts a bit, the collar of his shirt shifting down a bit to reveal the edge of a bruise. Seokjin taps Namjoon's hand, cuing the silver haired to take a look at Taehyung. He's sitting uncomfortably and small, his hands fidgeting faster and faster.

The Kim family silence is broken by the opening of a door, the three's heads shooting up to see Hoseok in a maroon windbreaker, entering the home.

The brunette catches them looking at him, and flashes his typical heart smile. "Good morning y'all, I was just out on a walk. Hope you didn't miss me too much."

Jin swears he could hear Taehyung mutter something under his breath, but brushes it off as the insomniac sits down at the table. Seokjin watches as the brunette sneaks an arm around the redhead's waist, the boy visibly freezing by the touch as if he were hurt by it.

"Morning, Tiger." Hoseok says in a sickly sweet tone, that Seokjin would've found endearing if it hadn't been for the slightly disturbing way he spoke. Namjoon tries his best not to speak up, but his instincts are pushing him.

"Are you uncomfortable, Taehyung-ah?" Namjoon says almost intimidatingly, setting his cup down steadily against the wooden table. The redhead shakes his head, Hoseok pulling him closer to his side.

It's still very awkward.

"What's up gays." The four look up to see Yoongi, Jimin held like a baby against his chest. The lilac haired male is wearing a checkered hoodie and ripped skinny jeans that were probably from the women's section. Jimin is swinging his feet happily, his small body engulfed in a knitted yellow jumper. "Wait I didn't check if everyone was still gay. But I can guess we good."

Taehyung's shoulders ease slightly and he lets a tight lipped smile graze his face at the sight of Jimin looking like a baby chick, before he feels a pinch on his waist, a cold hand sliding under the material of the shirt. The smile is quickly wiped off of his face.

Taehyung looks up a bit, hearing some casual conversation starting as Jimin is set down on a cushioned chair. Everyone seems relaxed, all having less inner conflict than usual. Meanwhile Taehyung feels disgusting, dirty, as a hand slides down from his waist and onto his hip.

"Where's Jungkook?" Taehyung blurts out, ignoring Hoseok's low warning growl.

"Oh! Right!" Seokjin smiles, remembering how happily the youngest was sleeping. He opens his eyes, a flicker of a glitch shocking him momentarily. He brushes it off. "He's upstairs, something hurt him a little yesterday, but he got comfy and slept like a baby. I'll go check up on him!"

Hoseok angrily takes his arms off Taehyung, the redhead's muscles calming.

-

Jungkook is sitting criss cross on the still warm mattress of Namjoon's warm bed, looking through the clothing they bought him in the black bag. One shirt in particular is a long sleeve flannel hoodie in faded red and yellow, and he wonders who bought it because it reminds him of someone.

"Jungkook-ah."

The blonde looks up, his doe eyes no longer intimidating due to the non-existent makeup. "Hey hyung. Is everyone up already?"

"Yeah. Have you seen your face yet?" Jin asks, the younger nodding with a sort of pissed look on his face. Seokjin shrugs, he knows this is for the better. "Well, I'll do your hair so it doesn't look so messy, and I'll let you choose your outfit since my fashion sense is a mess."

Jungkook nods, looking at the tall mirror at the side of the bed.

It's not like he's never seen himself this way, of course he has, but he had a whole persona built. Now he can't look as intimidating, now he can't scare people away from him. Why does this scare him? Because he'd try to be terrifying, just so people wouldn't get close to him. So he couldn't hurt them, physically and mentally. So now he's scared, scared of himself, because he can't scare others anymore.

"Kook." Seokjin brushes a hairbrush through the younger's blonde locks, gently rubbing circles into the boy's arm. "I know it's different, but it'll be okay."

And those words reminded him of what his mother said when she found out about his illness. And that same day, he killed her in the kitchen of his own home. Running away after, hoping that all his troubles would disappear.

"Now get dressed, and come downstairs for breakfast after. I'm sure you'll be happy to see everyone."

And even though Jungkook wasn't sure of that, the gentle tone of the pinkette's voice was enough to convince him that it would all come together soon enough. That everything would stay the same.

But life isn't a fairytale, and not everyone has a happy ending.

-=-=-=-
A/N:

So

Whaddya think 🤠

I found this on my tumblr feed and died laughing

I found this on my tumblr feed and died laughing. If you didn't know, 80% of eating disorder memes on tumblr are BTS memes which is really comforting yet messed up at the same time lmfao

I want literal death~~~~~~~~~~

-cay