6

It felt like a lollipop on my tongue, we're still oh so young. But we're breaking. Faking.

-

Chapter two: You're dying, slowly.

———

"We cant exactly go on the streets, you see..." Jungkook says, slight guilt laced in his tone. "I'll probably kill a lot of people, and that isn't a very good thing..."

"I have an idea." Taehyung sparks up, Jimin groaning slightly as the energetic boy moves the hammock they're sitting on. "Since we technically don't know what the hell were doing, how about we figure that out first?"

"Good idea." Jungkook mutters, pulling his hood over his cold ears to shield them from the wind.

"So," Tae starts, laying back into Jungkook's lap slightly. "These stupid ass diseases are taking over our lives and we want to be happy for once, is the main plot line."

Jimin and Jungkook nod, the oldest seeming oddly silent. Taehyung claps his hands, breaking the awkward break. "So, how about we find someone who can help with that?"

"Taehyung, we're literally a group of three insane people. How are we going to find someone messed up enough to 'therapize' us? There's literally no one who would take in even one disordered stranger for no reason." Jungkook reminds, almost speaking angrily as he attempts to hold back any outbreaks.

"Uhm.." Jimin mumbles slightly, earning Taehyung's full attention.

"Do you have an idea Chim?" Taehyung asks, watching the frail boy nod lightly.

"Before I met my gi- ex-girlfriend, I had a friend. My ex, being super possessive, stopped me from having friends but that's besides the point." Jimin starts, looking down at his bony hands in slight shame. "Back in highschool. I met a boy who was a junior and we took music together. He and his friend both were a bit messed up in the head, but never the less his friend was very interested in helping people like us. To, you know, find ourselves again."

"But that was in highschool, who knows where they'd be to-"

"Guys, look." Jungkook interrupts, earning confused looks from his hyungs. The blonde points across the way to the sidewalk across from them, pointing out a struggling man with a suitcase in hand.

He almost looks intoxicated, his skin drained of any colour and dark bags under his eyes. He stumbles while he walks, pausing as he looks ahead. The three boys watch in identical terror as the man collapses to the concrete, Taehyung immediately hopping out of the hammock from impulse.

"Taehyung what are you doing??" Jungkook yells, watching as the red head sprints to the sidewalk. He doesn't earn a response as the boy dashes to the collapsed brunette.

Kneeling to the ground, Taehyung checks the man's pulse, feeling a slow but steady beat.

"Fuck you Hobi."

-~-

"I've never tried camomille tea before." Jin mentions, trying to make a conversation as the blank silver-haired man boils a pot of water.

"Some people don't like the taste. Yoongi does, but I had a friend back in highschool who didn't. So I'm not sure about you." Namjoon replies, focusing on balancing the teacups as to not accidentally drop them.

"Usually I'm good with new things, but I'm not too sure." Jin says as he watches Namjoon in fascination.

His eyebrows furrow slightly as he unfolds the teabag container, focus imminent in his sharp and precise movements. The way he speaks and moves is almost completely robotic, as if he were created in a sci-if movie where people were programmed to become emotionless.

Jin wonders how it started, why he held back his emotions in the first place. But of course, being Jin, he can't just ask out of curiosity. He blows his pink bangs out of his eyes, cringing as the younger attempts to pour the hot water into the cups without spilling any.

The pinkette hears slight thumping to his left and catches sight of a mop of lilac hair.

"I sense tea." Yoongi says, his tired eyes still half closed as he sits on the chair at the end of the table. "So I came down."

"Yoongi it's past midnight what are you doing awake?" Namjoon asks, stirring the tea slightly as he moves it to the table.

"Ah you know, the usual, contemplating my existence and why I'm still alive somehow." Yoongi responds, leaning back into his chair. "Green tea?"

"Got it." Namjoon responds, not fazed by the older's words at all while Jin just sits there, staring at the man questioningly.

Yoongi's eyes shoot mostly open, as his black, piercing, and almost terrifying but strangely gently eyes glare at Jin. "Did Joon not tell you or do I have something on my face?"

"Am I missing something...?" Jin asks, feeling almost shrunken in the intimidation gaze of the man beside him.

"Oh yeah. Yoongi here is depressed. Very depressed." Namjoon responds in a factual voice as he dips a teabag of green tea into another cup of hot water, handing it to the half asleep man. "He's been depressed since however long I've known him, and I've had to watch over him like a hawk."

"O-oh." Jin mutters, clasping the warm teacup in his cold hands. "That sucks."

"You have it worse honey." Yoongi replies, sipping his tea momentarily before sticking his close-to-being-burnt tongue out of his mouth almost cutely. "What the fuck Joon it's hot."

"Of course it's hot shitbag, let it cool before you decide to burn your throat." Namjoon replies, his words sounding like they were supposed to be annoyed but coming off as purely literary. "Do you want milk or something?"

"Almond milk." Yoongi mutters, a slight pout on his lips as he watches the steam billow from his teacup. The man sets his sweater-covered elbow on the table as Namjoon gets the milk, resting his chin in the palm of his hand.

Jin swears for a second he could see slightly red marks on the man's wrist as his sleeve slide down, but his suspicions are quickly drowned out as Yoongi readjusts his sleeve.

It's probably just pen marks.

-=-=-=-

A/N

If you're confused by the chapter's thing, it's what separates certain sections in the story. It happens whenever there's going to be another five or so parts. The reason for it is to set the theme for the coming chapters.

Also sorry for being inactive, I've just been at a loss for ideas and will hop back on the wagon as soon as possible!

-succ