15

He still felt alone in a sea of comforting words.

—-x—-

A blanket of relief lays upon one warm body, another cold, basking in the sliver of moonlight peeking through a pair of uncoloured canvas curtains. One warm hand, clasping a terribly cold one, yet no shivering.

If a single word were to be muttered in the still air, Jimin believes gravity would suddenly crush him into a million pieces to match with his still healing heart, which is beating unsteadily in his old friend's protective grasp.

"Mini." A whisper, a simple whisper passes through the silence, nothing collapsing as the ravenette had expected. "Let me tell you a little story."

Jimin nods into the older's chest which is rising and falling calmly, yet doesn't let a single sound slip from his dry, parted lips.

"There was once a kitten named Juru." Yoongi starts, his low voice the only focus in their dark confines. "He lived out in the country side, with an old lady that gave him sweet milk each afternoon."

Jimin smiles at the imagery of a small kitten in a granny's lap, licking its treat happily from a bowl.

"The kitten would always help the granny with many things, like waking up in the morning and remembering to let him." Yoongi continues, hearing continuous little giggles from the younger who is finding the kitten's way of 'helping' quite humorous.

"The little kitten was taught many things by the granny. Like how to play piano, for instance, of course stepping on it was the way. And also how to read, pawing the pages of the book intellectually." Yoongi smiles, tight lipped, as he feels Jimin's hand warming up to his own heat. "The kitten would spend as much time as possible with the granny."

Yoongi's smile rests. "Then one day, the kitten met a dog. This dog was basking in the shade of the granny's porch, fast asleep. The kitten meowed at the big dog, waking him up quickly."

Jimin takes his head out from the older's neck, looking at his eyes instead. The gentle illumination from the moon makes it appear as if a million speckles of stardust are gracing the lilac haired's nose and cheeks, seeming like the universe is held in his forward vision.

"The big dog was kind to the little kitten, a friendship growing in between the two. One day, the kitten decided to go tell the granny about this new friend of his. So he went in the morning to wake the granny from her peaceful sleep." Yoongi makes eye contact with the ravenette, looking at his sunken in features with slightly tearful ducts.

"What did the granny say to the kitten about his friend?" Jimin asks, his gentle voice blocking a beat from the storyteller's heart.

"She said he should sing for the big dog." Yoongi smiles. "So the kitten did.

But he never sang for her."

Jimin pouts, softening his sharp features slightly making the older coo internally. "That's sad."

Yoongi nods, using his free hand to caress the younger's cheekbone. "It's ok though, because the granny was a ghost anyway. She could remember any and every song as she walked the human realm, and the things she met would eventually drift away. So the kitten and the granny ghost parted, the kitten not noticing her absence and the elder with a silent heart."

"You should be a poet." Jimin hums, tracing the constellations that are shining in the moonlight across the lilac haired's nose. "Or a song writer, because that's really deep."

"I've been spending too much time around Namjoon." Yoongi smiles lightly, the ravenette returning a crescent eyed grin.

And though his smile was bright, it was as if his eyes were frowning.