Chapter 8 ~ Clouds I

Start from the beginning

"Cameron Griffin, you are under arrest for assault!" He shouts at me, but I just laugh.

"You think you can control me! Never Pike! I will never listen to you! You sick son of a bitch! Let me go my commander is dead!" I scream in his face.

"I am right here." He says, quite confused.

"No my real commander, Lexa kom Trikru!" I shout at him.

"Take her away at once. No one let's her out of the cell!" He says without breaking my eye contact. Then I was whisked away to the cells without a final glance from Pike.

End of flashback

So yeah it had been a a rough few days to say the least. The cells were cold and fairly empty, other than a few innocent grounders, Lincoln, Kane and Sinclair.

Kane was sat talking to Lincoln, the grounders were making conversation between themselves, Sinclair was asleep, and I was scratching something into the walls. I had no idea what I was scratching but it was keeping me 'entertained'.

"Commander on deck!" A guard shouted, and with that Pike walked in with Bellamy and Co. behind him. I shot both Pike and Bellamy death glares before Pike started speaking.

"Everyone here has committed a crime against our people, so you will all be sentenced to the same punishment as Kane, your execution is set for dawn." He says calmly at all the prisoners.

"Sir, my people are innocent. Do not punish them for my crimes." Lincoln steps forward and says to Kane. Good on him. The other grouders are just here because Pike doesn't like them.

"Sir Lincoln's right." Bellamy pipes up.

"That's big of you Bellamy." I scoff.

"Okay Lincoln. Your people will not die, but Kane, Sinclair, Cameron and Lincoln you will all still be executed at sun up." Pike says without breaking his calm exterior.

It's been a few hours since we were told that we were being killed in the morning. It kinda sucks, knowing I had so much power, but I couldn't use it because I was going to be killed.

Kane was pulled out a few minutes ago to talk to Abby and I royally kicked off, because I didn't want to die knowing my own mother hated me.

I was going to talk to her to tell her I forgave her for everything. At least that's what I hoped to do.

"Cameron you have 5 minutes." A guard said pulling me out of the cell and into a small room.

In the middle of the room stood Abby, and when she locked eyes with me she just looked confused.

I walked over and pulled her into a hug.

"I'm sorry Abby. I'm sorry I was such a bitch. I'm sorry I said you'd never be my mother, I was just angry and confused, you know. I'm sure if I'd given you a vhance you would have been a great mum to me here. I just, I just didn't want to ruin what I had worked so hard to get. I didn't want to be weak. But I've learnt that love isn't weakness, it's strenght. I'm not ready to die yet, I'm 16." I say, breaking slightly with a sole tear rolling down my cheek.

"Cameron it's okay. I forgive you. I will try so so hard to get you all out, I promise. I can't lose you too Cammie. I'm sorry for what we did to you back on the ark, but I've was the only way your father and I could live. He would be proud of you." She replies with a crack in her voice.

"Thank you mum, I love you. I really do, even when I tried so hard to hate you, I just couldn't." I admit.

"I love you too Cameron." She says ignoring everything else I said.

"Times up, let's go." A guard says dragging me away.

My mood has I proved since speaking to Abby. The cell is still dreary and depressing, but I feel happier knowing my mum doesn't hate me. That happiness is short lived because Pike comes in and restrains us.

It couldn't be dawn already!

Kane, Sinclair, Lincoln and I were cuffed and leas in a line towards the square. However, before we get there, we are shoved into a small room. What the f*ck is going on?!

"No gets out. If they do shoot them on site." Pike declares before we're left alone with Bellamy as and Bryan guarding our door. Then we are ushered into a hole in the floor by none other than Octavia Blake.

About half an hour passes of us being under the floor, when we hear Pike shouting and pushing things over before leaving.

Octavia climbs out of the hole and helps everyone else out.

"That was a bit tight." Kane says

"Try doing it for 16 years." Octavia whispers back.

Then, Abby, Miller, Bryan and Bellamy burst in and cut us free.

"We're getting out of here?" I ask

"Yeah now let's go!" Bellamy says.

"Guys stay where you are! There is guards everywhere, don't go anywhere, I repeat stay where you are!" Harpers voice sounds through the radio.

Shit. "We're trapped..."

Author's Note :The second part to this chapter, Clouds II will be up tomorrow or Monday.

I wasn't even going to write for a few more days but I looked this morning and I had 2k reads. Wtaf. 2000 reads is insane, thank you all so much! I put myself through the torture of Lincoln's death for 2k reads, but seriously thank you.

You ready for the next chapter? I'm not...

Leave a vote and comment

Casey Xx

( Word Count : 1387 )