Chapter 58: Beginning Parenthood

A/N: This little chapter focuses on New York and our favorite married couple Wendy and Kale! I created this particular chapter for them! Usually, I'd do a time skip for stuff like this, but I just wanted a little meaningful chapter just for these two! Enjoy!

~ Kassidy's POV ~

It's the middle of August. The University doesn't begin till the middle of September again. Jayleen is currently sleeping with her head rested on my shoulder.

"Please buckle your seatbelts as we will be landing in New York in a bit," the flight attendant announced.

Jayleen slowly woke up, "Are we here yet?" she groaned.

"Almost, we're going to land in a bit," I said.

She nodded as her head stayed rested on my shoulder.

"Ready to spend a couple of weeks with Kale and Wendy?"

I nodded, "She's close to her due date."

"Yeah, I can't believe I'm going to be an aunt," Jayleen sighed.

"You're already an aunt," I chuckled, "With Claire and Amelia's kids."

"This is different, we're actually blood-related," Jayleen smiled.

Once the plane landed and came to a complete stop, we stood up. I grabbed the bags out of the compartment.

We found Chuck, Sydnee, and Karina waiting for us once we got off the plane and out of the gate.

We went to grab the rest of our luggage, then took a taxi over to the house.

"Hey, you guys made it, could have called," Kale said, "We would have come and picked you up."

"With Wendy this close to her due date, not a chance," Chuck said, looking over at Wendy, giving her a smile.

"Oh come on, we didn't want to disrupt," Jayleen added as we all walked in.

I smiled hugging Kale before walking over to Wendy. She tried to stand up, but I stopped her, "No, you don't need to stand to hug me," I chuckled, coming over to kiss her cheek.

She sighed, "Thanks."

"When are you due?"

"Next week," she sighed, I looked over at Kale and Jayleen talking in the kitchen. "Kale has been panicky as we get closer, he's probably panicking more than I am. I feel like I should be more worried about him when I go into labor, rather than the contractions."

I chuckled, "He wants to be prepared. I mean... he's going to be a father."

"Yeah, everything has been packed; it's sitting in our bedroom by the door. It's good that you all are here. It helps him calm down, just a little. He took the week off to stay with me, just in case the baby comes," Wendy said.

"Yeah, Leen was telling me how unbelievable it is that she's going to be an aunt."

"Doesn't Claire's kids call her 'Auntie'?" Wendy asked.

"That's what I said. She argued that this is different because the baby is going to be blood-related," I said, and Wendy chuckled.

~~~<>~~~<>~~~<>~~~

The next day, Jayleen and I are walking around the town shopping for something sweet for the baby. We were in a shop getting a small teddy bear with a baby outfit.

The woman at the register smiled, "Thank you, have a good day," she said.

"Thanks, you too," We said before Jayleen took my hand and we walked out.