Chapter 38: Suspicions or Surprises

~ Jayleen's POV ~

Finals week has flown by, all I needed to do was walk into my professors' office and turn in my folders. That's all. I'm currently at the university eating lunch. My phone rang, and I smiled before picking it up, "Hey, what's up, Meg?"

"Where are you right now?" She asked.

"I'm still at the university. Just went to turn my folder into Professor Morton. I'm at the food court building for lunch right now. How are your finals going?"

"They're good, just have one more tomorrow at 10:30am, and it's for math."

"Ooh, good luck with that," I said.

"Are you busy? I kind of need some help, and you're my last resource, all my other classmates either are at home or left to head back to their states for the holidays."

"Yeah, what do you need? Or where are you?"

"I'm at the West parking of the university, my car died. I'm parked on the top of the complex, and there's snow everywhere."

"Hang on. I'll drive my car up there. Please sit in your car or something, so you're not freezing the heck out here. I'll see you in about ten." I hung up, wrapped up the rest of my lunch and booked it to my car.

It's still snowing, my gosh. Getting in, I turned on my engine and drove to the other side of campus towards the west parking complex of the university. Thank god I finished everything. Driving up, I found Megan's car covered in snow and all the other cars here that are covered in snow too.

Parking my car in front of hers, I got out, grabbed gloves and took a snow brush with me. "Hey, I'm sorry, I didn't want to bother you. Both my parents are at work too."

"It's fine. I was going to head home after eating anyway. You caught me right at a perfect time. Let's brush the snow off of the rest of the car." I said, and she nodded. After that, I took out the jumper cables and turned her car on. After about five minutes her car was working perfectly.

"Thank you so much, Jayleen."

"Yeah, blame the weather for this situation," I said, and she agreed.

"Alright, thank you, drive home safely."

"You too, good luck on your math final tomorrow."

"Thanks," she said and got in her car, I let her drive off first as I followed behind.

~~~<>~~~<>~~~<>~~~

"Hey, Leen."

"Hi dad," I smiled as I stepped into the house, there was only light snow just flying around, it's only 2:00pm, who knows how that will look tonight. "The house looks great, like every year."

"It wouldn't be a Christmas without house decorations, I wanted to wait till you were done with your finals and ask you to come here and help decorate the interior of the house," my dad said as there were some boxes placed near the fireplace.

"Great, love decorating. Where's mom?"

"She's out with her co-workers. One Kim wanted to do some shopping and invited Vanessa for some lady time." He said.

"Okay, well, we can place a couple of other decorations up, maybe when mom gets home, we can decorate the tree together." I smiled.

"Great idea," he said as he handed me tassels, stockings, ribbon and other decorations that are in the box.

~~~<>~~~<>~~~<>~~~

"Honey, I'm home, it is really snowing out there. Someone's car on our driveway is covered." Mom said as she entered from the garage. It was 6:00pm.