Chapter 28: Drunk Emotions

~ Jayleen's POV ~

After the training we both walked back into the changing room and took a shower. Getting out I changed back into my own regular clothes that were in my locker. Megan did as well. I walked to the mirrors and she was standing there combing her hair.

"Are you doing anything for the rest of tonight?"

I shook my head, "Not that I know of. It's Saturday."

"Okay, want to go out to the bar with me? I wanted to get a drink after training, since you came, I thought you might like to hang out over there. Have a little fun." She smiled as she dried her hair a few more times before combing it smoothly.

"Okay." I said, and she smiled.

"Great." She smiled. "Do you know the directions?"

"I have my car, I can tail behind you." I said.

"I was going to head home first and place my bag away." She said.

"Okay. I'll do the same and then I can come and pick you up." I said, and she nodded before we took our things and walked out of the gym.

We waved to Leo before heading to our own cars, I waited for her to rear out before we split our ways home and I placed my things in the house. Driving back to her place before we made our way to the bar.

We walked to security and handed him our ID cards. He gave them a look and handed them back to us, "You two have a good time." He said and held the door open for us and we walked in.

We walked over to a booth and sat down looking out to the bartenders and the dance floor, seeing a few people play darts and a few playing at the pool table.

"Welcome ladies, may I take any orders?" The woman named Taylor asked.

"I'll take a beer."

"Martini." Megan said, and she nodded before disappearing behind the counters.

"Martini? I never would have guessed that you'd be a martini person." I smirked.

"Not always, I'm mostly a shot person. Tequila." She smiled. "Have you drank tequila?"

"I tried it, not a favorite..."

"Would you do shots with me if I order some?" Megan asked.

"How about after these drinks, if we're feeling it." I said.

"Okay." She stated.

Taylor came back with our drinks. I sipped the beer and tasted the hint of lime that was floating inside the bottle.

"How have you been? You know... after the accident." Megan asked.

"I've been good, great actually." I said, "My mom..."

"Oh no... You know Vanessa scares me to death?" Megan stated, giving a concerned face.

"I know... she scares everyone away. Which is why I've never brought girls home." I mentioned.

Megan nodded, "Anyway, what about her?"

"She told me her story." I started, and Megan raised an eyebrow. "Why it took her so long to get used to me coming out. She was being extremely sweet to me on Sunday and I couldn't figure out why. I thought someone came and knocked her in the head and flipped all her negativity into positivity." I smirked, "She told me the story of how it was so hard for her to accept me. I mean, the way she says it makes it sound like she's finally accepted me... but she said she's going to try." I said.

"Awe... that's so great. Vanessa has her own endings, but I think her telling you her story has given her the courage to talk to you and discuss all this out with you and not just giving you the stink eye and abusing you. I feel like she's already accepted you Leen, she just needs time to realize it all. I'm happy she's taking that step and I'm happy you two got to talk about it." Megan said, with warm emotions as she hugs me.