Chapter 54: A Missing Piece

~ Kale's POV ~

The weekend is close to being here, Jayleen spoke to me on Sunday and four days have passed. Wendy and I haven't gotten the change to talk to each other about it yet.

I walked out of the restroom to see Wendy slowly sitting on the bed. She's adjusting her pillow. I walk over to the bed and sit next to her, and getting under the covers. She sighed, resting her head on my shoulder.

"How was your day?" I asked her, rubbing her leg.

"It was alright, classes weren't bad, surprisingly," she chuckled.

"Yeah?" I asked, and she nodded, "So, how is Kassidy doing? I hear you wanted to talk to me about something."

"She's alright. Umm yeah... can we talk about her and Jayleen for a bit?" I nodded as I readjust myself, so she was in a comfortable position. "First off, did you ever know that Kassidy and Jayleen were a thing?" Wendy brought up.

"No, not until Jayleen told me. She spoke to me about it earlier after my work hours. She's having a rough time trying to figure out what happened," I said.

"What do you mean?"

"Kass broke-up with her out the blue with the only explanation of how it's a wrong relationship, or how risky it all is," I sighed.

"Yeah, she told me about that. She feels terrible."

"Jayleen had a dream that Kass's reason was that she is still in love with Mitch. Out of all the things, she thinks that Kass still loves her ex-husband. She said that in the dream they went out to lunch and he admitted that he still loves her."

"Oh my gosh, no... that's not good, tell me she doesn't believe it," Wendy asked me.

"She doesn't... well she's doubting now, and mentioned that Kassidy doubted Jayleen for not saying 'I love you' back for a while. Jayleen went to dad after they broke up. She didn't want to be alone."

"Wait, dad knows?"

"He talked to her about it, long story short, he's supportive about it. Mom doesn't know."

"What do you mean she doesn't know? Kass said she and Leen ran into the two at the restaurant that weekend."

"Yeah, only her dad knows. She stayed over at the house, then ended up having that dream. I'm worried."

"It doesn't add up," Wendy said.

"Yeah it doesn't," I sighed.

"No, seriously. It doesn't add up. Kassidy told me another story... actually, a situation that happened before she broke things off with Leen. Someone came to visit her during her office time at the university."

"I knew it was a student or faculty member, told them they should have been more careful," I groaned.

"No, honey, it's not a student or another teacher. It's someone we all know. I don't know how you'll react when I tell you," Wendy said as she adjusted her body.

Helping her, she took my hands, "It's Vanessa."

"...What?"

"Vanessa came to Kassidy's office that Monday before they broke up. She specifically told Kass to stay away from Leen. She threatened her with consequences."

"I have to tell Jayleen," I said, grabbing my phone.

"Honey, it's a school night. She already overwhelmed enough. I'm not sure how she'll react. She already has a bad rep with Vanessa. Tomorrow is Friday. We can tell her tomorrow night, at least let her get done with school and work first. She's going to be thinking about it once you tell her. It's not best to distract her from school."