Chapter 14: A New Home

A/N: Hey, just wanted to give you guys another update before I leave for vacation. I'll probably be able to update on my trip, but I won't promise anything. I also just wanted to include a smut warning, hehe. Anyways, have a nice day and this one's quite long, have fun reading. ;)

~ Jayleen's POV ~

Two days. Just two more days of summer left. Groaning as I stood up straight, stretching the pain of my back from all of the cleaning. I looked around my room before I took the last box of picture frames and books out to my car. Shutting the door, my dad looked at me, he smiled before hugging me.

"I'll make sure to come home once in a while to visit, especially during holidays." I sighed.

He just smiles, "Just be careful."

I nodded, "Do you think I should at least give mom a goodbye before I leave to head to the apartment?"

He sighed, shaking his head, "I know you love your mom and I know she's been acting out for a while now, I just don't know what more she'll say or do next... and because of how stubborn you are, you won't know how badly mom would hurt you..." He said.

"...Okay." I said.

A car pulled up, Sydnee and Karina both stepped out, "Hey, you ready?" Sydnee asked.

"Yeah. Bye dad." I said as I hugged him and climbed into my car, following Sydnee's car as we reached the apartment.

After an hour of bring boxes in and unpacking majority of them, we were sitting on the couch. "Does your mom know?" Sydnee asked me.

I shook my head, "I told her a week ago, but it sounded more like a comment than reality, but my dad and I swore to keep it a secret until she comes home tonight, which is when he's going to tell her." I said. "We both think it's for the best."

"Well, we'll let you take a break. We'll see you on Monday for a fresh start of our last year." Karina said as they both stood up.

"Okay, see you guys." I said as they walked out, and I closed the door. Locking it and looking around.

It's actually a nice apartment, I walked into the bedroom and looked around as I saw the scattered boxes still laying around the room. Taking one as I placed picture frames on the nightstand, papers and files on the desks and everything.

Another hour passed, and I finished unpacking everything for the bedroom. Eying the clock, it was already 8:00pm. Taking my clothes as I walked into the restroom to take a shower. Closing the door, I turned on the water and took off my clothes. Looking at myself in the mirror, there was still a faint bruise at the jawline close to my ear.

I stepped into the shower and washed my face. My hand ran over the bruise and I lightly winced. I bruise easily, which sucks, to think that after all the years of being slapped my own mother, my face would have started to become steel and non-markable.

~ Flashback ~

It was about 9:30pm when I got home. Looking over as Kassidy parked the car at the driveway. "I had fun today."

"So did I." She said.

She leaned in and kissed my lips. "Well, have a good night." I said.

She nodded and then I walked out the door and went to the house. Walking in the dark room, I placed my keys in the cabinet then slowly and quietly walked back to my room.

Entering, I decided not to turn on the lights and felt too lazy to change into my night clothes. Yawning before I decided to just lay down in my bed. I closed my eyes, but I felt a flash of light, when I opened them, my desk light was on and I looked over, startled that my mother was just sitting and leaning against the headboard of my bed.