Chapter 57: Time Flies

A/N: Things have finally resolved, which means we're very close to finishing this book! Thank you to everyone who is currently reading!

~ Jayleen's POV ~

Waking up on a weekend that isn't in a hospital feels different.

I stare at the ceiling, smiling to myself. I feel another kind of energy in me than what I usually feel daily.

Kassidy and I talked about our situation last night. She told me the story of my mom coming to visit her. I listened as she described the threats and what she felt. Then I talked about my situation after the break-up, visiting dad, and that dream.

Claire and the kids came in to visit me the night before I was finally discharged.

My head turned to look at the clock, and it was already 9:00am. My eyes landed on the woman sleeping next to me. I smiled before getting out of bed.

Getting dressed, I kissed the side of her head, pulling the blankets up her body before I made my way to the kitchen.

Getting the coffee to begin brewing, I grabbed out whatever was in her fridge and cabinets to make breakfast.

Not long, I was carrying a tray up to her room. Slowly walking in, she was still asleep. I placed the tray on the bedside table next to where I slept. I looked at the clock, and it was 10:00am. I climbed in the bed, kissing her lips. She responded with a smile.

"Look who's cheerful," she mumbled.

"Morning," I smiled. wrapping my arms around her and placed kisses on her shoulder.

"Morning, why are you up early?"

"No reason," I smiled. Her eyes narrowed mine before sitting up. Her fingers played with my hair as she looked at me in disbelief, "Okay, there's a reason."

I gave her the tray, and she looked at me, "You made breakfast?"

"You sound surprised?"

"No... not surprised, just... I don't know, you made breakfast," she smiled.

"What's that suppose to mean?" I laughed.

"Nothing," her smile grew, then leaning over to kiss my lips, "Seriously though, what's this for?"

"Just because I wanted to. I woke up feeling this new, different energy in me. Plus, it's my way of saying 'thank you.'"

"For what?" she asked.

"For helping me through all this. I know mom and I didn't have the best mother-daughter relationship. I know you broke things off with me because of her. I went through something terrible, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to get over it. She'll always be my mother, but on that day, she wasn't, and I still have the hope that she'll change. After twenty years in prison, I'm hoping that she'll be someone better."

"I know..." her hand went to my leg and gently rubbed it.

"But thank you, for taking care of me, and showing how much you mean to me through all these months of pain," I said.

She smiled, her hand went to my cheek, wiping a tear away, "Honey, don't cry, I know it was a difficult week, but you don't know how grateful to hear that you are alive and healthy."

She kissed me before I leaned my head on her shoulder. She cut a pancake and held it up to me. I shook my head, and she frowned, "Did you eat already?"

"No, I only got to stare at it when setting it up for presentation," I smiled.

"Then eat," she said.