Chapter 13: A Mark of Red

A/N: Hey, I'm so sorry for the long wait, I've had so much writer's block that it made it difficult to write, plus finishing off the last couple of weeks of my high school year before graduation. Woohoo, school is out! I'm super excited and trying to get myself together before that day that I get to walk on stage and get my high school diploma and also cry when saying goodbye to some of the people that I've stuck with through most of my four years. Then it's on to summer and college. I will also be around family for the next month, so I probably won't update as much or as quickly. But I'll hope to get some writing and ideas in before leave and hopefully be able to update when I come back from vacation. Anyway, on with the chapter and happy summer everybody! :)

~ Jayleen's POV ~

It's been about almost eight days that have passed, and my parents aren't home yet from their drive to New York with Kale and Wendy. I'm laying on the grass in the front yard looking up at the evening sky. A car pulled up on my drive way and got out.

Kassidy shut her door before turning to smile at me. She walked over and joined me on the grass. "Hey you." She smiled.

"Hey." I said, and she leaned in to give me a soft kiss. "How are you?" I asked her.

"Doing good, and you?"

"Fine, good... relaxed." I smiled. It's only been a week and we're already getting super attached... Which I don't know how good of a thing that will be for the long run. "So, what are your plans right now?" I asked her.

"Just came to spend some time with you." She said.

"Then would you like to go inside?" I asked her. She just smiled at me before we got up, walking into the house and sat on the couch. "Would you like anything? Water? Alcohol?" She just smirked at me after I said the word alcohol.

"Water is just fine." She stated before I grabbed a bottle from the cabinet and handed one to her. "Thank you." She said and took a sip before placing it down on the table.

I hadn't noticed that her hand was on my thigh as we were sitting where our bodies were turned towards each other. A light giggle left both our lips before I spoke up in a soft tone, "Would you like to do anything in particular?" I asked her.

"Maybe..." She said, giving me a smirk.

I was going to ask until I felt her right hand running up my thigh and I knew what she meant. My left hand slowly went up to her cheek and lightly cupped her face. Drawing her in close to me. Her eyes were looking into mine and I slowly connected our lips. Her hand that was on my thigh started to move up to my hip. Her left hand went onto my shoulder and our kisses stayed simple and slow.

As our kiss lightly worked its way up, I could feel Kassidy's hand moving to my hair and lightly gripping it as the hand that had been on my hip was now traveling up my body and to my collar bone. Her hand gently gripped and twisted the t-shirt fabric as she pulled me into her a little more. Our kiss grew, and my tongue ran over her bottom lip, feeling her open her mouth as our tongues play. Both my hands were gently holding her face as we continued the make-out session. Then my teeth nibbled on her lower lip before I bit down lightly and slowly pulled her bottom lip, hearing her letting out a fainted moan.

After I released her bottom lip, she recaptured mine once again as her hand still gripped my hair. My hand went to her chin and I started to kiss her jawline to her neck, feeling her lightly move her head as I continued to place kisses. On my way back up, my tongue lightly ran a line up her neck and my lip moved to her earlobe and nibbled on it. I could hear her humming in satisfaction as my tongue ran around the outer area of her ear, lightly blowing air on her earlobe and she moaned. Her head started to turn towards me but with my hand at her chin, I could turn her head back to where she was. She let out a heavy breath and I began to kiss down to her jawline till I reached her lips, feeling the hunger as they touched again. One arm was around her waist as I pulled her in closer to me for a little longer.