Chapter 47: Try With Me

~ Kassidy's POV ~

I picked up my phone as I was about to call Jayleen. My door rang, that might be Claire. I walked over, and Jayleen stood on the other side.

"Hi," I said.

"Hi," she said, "The kids here yet? Claire told me about this on Friday."

"Ahh, I was just about to call and ask you that question," I smiled.

She smiled and stepped in, right at that moment, I saw two kids coming to my door.

I smiled as their mothers trailed behind.

"Hi, Auntie Kassidy. Hi, Auntie Jayleen," They both said, and we gave them hugs before they both walked into the living room and sitting on the couch talking.

Jayleen and I turned to face Amy and Claire.

"Are you sure about this? If there's any problem, please call us," Amy said.

I smiled, "Of course, now, it's only five in the evening, which gives you two a nice, long night together. They're going to have a fun sleepover," I said.

Claire and Amelia both said goodbye to their kids and then left.

I closed the door, and we both walked into the living room, "Alright, it's only five, very early, what do you two want to do?"

They shrugged, "Anything," Tyler said. I smiled at his excitement.

"How about we take the kids to dinner somewhere, I know a restaurant that has a gaming room upstairs. We can go there, eat, then go up there and play some games before coming home. We can maybe watch a movie after too," Jayleen said, "I have some DVDs here in my bag."

"Okay!" They smiled.

I chuckled, "Then that's where we're going."

~~~<>~~~<>~~~<>~~~

We ended up eating out at a buffet because why not and it gives us both a chance to spoil the kids. Now we're currently in the arcade area upstairs. The kids are racing each other on Mario Kart. Jayleen and I were sitting next to them, watching.

"I win! I win! First place!!" Tyler smiled.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm beating you in the next round," his older sister Megan said before they both swiped their cards and picked their characters. We both gave them twenty dollars to play. It's going to be a while.

Jayleen suddenly came back from the restroom. She held up a card. I gave her a weird look," I just placed ten dollars on here, want to play?" She smirked.

I chuckled, "What game?"

"There's a Transformer shooting game over there, zombies, Indiana Jones... all shooting games. There's basketball. Other racing games..." she said, gesturing around.

"Got to keep an eye on these two," I said.

"True... there's a Deal or No Deal game right next to it. Want to help me win a million dollars?" Jayleen smirked.

"Sure, what the heck," I said, standing next to Tyler's seat while Jayleen swiped her card letting the intro play out.

"Alright, pick a case," she said.

"You pick your personal one, I'll help you pick the others," I said, and she nodded.

I watched her pick the number thirteen, "Alright, now I have to open six, how about you pick three and I pick three?"

"Okay," I said as I scanned the cases and told her my three numbers, "Three, ten, sixteen."

"Okay. I pick twenty, one, and twenty-five," she said and opened the cases, "We eliminated $0.01, $750,000, and $500,000. Alright, my cases. We eliminated $500, $75, $10,000."