Chapter 42: Nightmares

~ Jayleen's POV ~

We were in Kassidy's car as she drove me back to my apartment. "So, how was the flight back?"

"It was fine," I said.

I could feel her looking over at me, "What happened to your temple? And your arm?" She asked as we came to a red light.

"Trying to be the better person and fighting a guy who broke into Megan's trunk and steals my duffle bag. He threw a hook to my temple, which is how I got the bruise. Then he had a knife... actually two pocket knives, almost stabbed me, but instead, cut my arm. If I didn't get my duffle bag back, then my passport would have been gone, and I wouldn't be able to fly back."

"Jayleen..." she sighed.

"Just don't, please, I don't need the pity. I got all that from the family down there, it's been a long trip, that's all," I said.

I could feel her looking over at me a few times. We stopped at my apartment. I still looked out the window, feeling her hand lightly touching mine, I jolted and pulled it away.

"I'm sorry, I know you wanted to talk when I get back, but..." I drifted.

"No, don't worry, we still have a few more weeks. I'll let you rest, I know being apart from Megan is hard. Just... give me a call when you're ready, we can talk then," she said.

I looked over at her and smiled, "Thank you, Kass. Have a good rest of your day."

"You too," she said.

I shut her door and grabbed my bag, before walking into my apartment. Placing my bag near the couch, I crashed on it before closing my eyes.

~~~<>~~~<>~~~<>~~~

"So, you fucked up?" Karina asked.

"Yep," I sighed, staring at the ceiling, "I don't know what I was thinking. I just... feel so selfish, I basically used Megan with sex knowing I don't have feelings for her. I don't love her like she loves me."

"Leen, girl, what the hell are we going to do with you?" Victor asked.

"I don't know... I don't even think Kassidy wants to get back together if I tell her what happened," I said.

"You have to tell her," Sydnee said.

"I can't, I mean... I can. But she doesn't want to know what happened. She even told me herself. That whatever happens within these couple of weeks, she doesn't want to know about."

Karina sighed, "You dug yourself in a hole, Leen."

"I know... don't need to rub it in my face," I said.

"So, what's next? When are you talking to Kass?" Victor asked.

"Maybe in a few days, I just want some time to clear my mind," I said.

"Are you going to tell her?"

"If I tell her, it's going to screw up everything. What was I thinking? Maybe it's best to forget about Kassidy," I sighed, "Stay single, not be on the market for a while."

"I mean, you two are going to wait till the end of the semester to get back together, so it's not like you're getting back together right away," Karina said.

"You can still talk things out," Sydnee clarified, "Who knows what will happen."

"I mean..." I sighed.

"Does Megan know any of this?" Victor asked.

"Nope, she doesn't know I was in a relationship with Kassidy. She knows I was in a relationship, but not with my professor. Kass knows everything though, except for this trip."