Chapter 26: PTSD

~ Kassidy's POV ~

It was Saturday, it's been six days since Mitch has left, and six days since Jayleen and I have been together. We kept the situation professional at school. Now it's the weekend and I'm currently finishing up test grading.

My vibrated and a text messaged appeared on the lock screen, 'Hello!'

I smiled and texted back, 'Hey, how are you doing?'

'Good' was what she replied, 'What are you up to at this time of the evening?'

I raised an eyebrow at her phrasing, 'Just finished my grading.'

'So... are you free for the rest of the night?'

'Yes.'

'Can I come over? I would like to spend some time with you.' I read.

Smiling, 'Of course.'

'Yay! I'll see you soon.' She sent, and I smiled before turning off my phone and making some left over dinner to eat.

The doorbell rang about half an hour later. I opened the door seeing Jayleen smiling at me. "Hi." I said.

"Hi." She said and walked in. Jayleen was wearing a red button up, a pair of black jeans, black knee-high boots, a thin black jacket and a scarf. "How are you doing?"

"I'm doing okay, just having a long day, especially with grading." I said.

"Well, hope this will make you feel better." She said and held up a bouquet of white roses.

I smiled and took them, "Thank you." I said and kissed her lips.

I felt her wrap an arm around my neck, "I miss this." She said and continued to kiss me. Smiling, we walked to the kitchen, I placed the roses in a vase of water, then sat down on the couch next to her.

"How's driving going?" I asked her, and she still has a little fear in her eyes.

Sighing as she leans her hand on my shoulder, my hand was lightly running up and down her leg as it was slightly up on the couch too. "It's... okay, I feel too aware now." She sighed, "I mean, Megan offered to keep driving me for a bit longer, but I told her that it's fine, since I know it's different than me driving on my own." She said, and I nodded.

"You know, you should have called me that morning after the accident and told me. I was worried when you came in on Thursday, but I couldn't show any of it during those hours." I sighed.

"I'm okay now," she stated.

"I'm sorry all that had to happen to you."

"Yeah, but I had Megan by my side majority of the time after she found out that Tuesday." She said. I slightly stiffen. She looked at me, "Are you alright?"

"...I'm fine." I said, smiling it off.

"Okay," she said and kissed my lips.

"What did you do today?" I asked her.

"Nothing much... ooh, I went back to train for the first time today." She said feeling proud of herself.

"Train?"

"Did I ever tell you that I do boxing as a hobby through my life?" She asked, and I shook my head, "Ahh, yes, I did boxing. Since this injury, I was out for a month and about two weeks."

"At least you're back to being active instead of sitting around, like what you did for the past month." I said.

"I basically let my training partner worry more about me and she didn't even train for a month as well, I told her to go but she said that it won't be fun without a partner and plus she's worrying about me too much that she's caring for me every day for the past month, she even offered to drive me for a little longer. So, it's nice for us to go and train again. I mean she was trying to be aware, since it's only been a week... but still. I mean, that girl has the sweetest heart." She stated.