Chapter 2: Four Years

~ Jayleen's POV ~

The song ended and we both stood on the dance floor, we're looking at each other... I'm admiring her gorgeous bright blue eyes, her dirty blonde hair was still in light curls towards the end, her dress still looks magnificent on her...

What am I saying? I can't get myself into another or a relationship... I just can't. Shaking off the thought and I just stared at her beauty. Giving her a smile, my eyes were about to travel to her lips but they didn't when we were suddenly interrupted.

"Jayleen." I heard, we both turned our heads to my mother who was standing at the corner of the dance floor, looking at us. "We have to go. It's getting late." She said to me. She had no smile on her face, but a firm look.

I sighed, "Alright..." I said. But my mother didn't move an inch. "Can you give me a minute... I'll meet you at the dock." I said. She stood there for a few more seconds, letting out a sigh before nodding and walking off and down to the dock. When she was out of sight, I turned to look at Kassidy again, I gave her a light smile, "I had a great time, it was nice getting to meet you." She said.

"Yeah, you too."

"I hope I will see you again." I said.

"Same here."

"Well, I guess this is goodbye." I said, do I dare doing it... but I couldn't resist, I raised her hand to my lips as I lightly placed a kiss on them and then I lightly placed a kiss on her cheek. Letting go of her hands before I began walking. Walking out and down to the dock without looking back. Making it to the dock, my mom's arms were crossed and waiting for me. "We can go now." I said and she just started to walk without saying a word to me.

Getting in the back seat of the car, my dad smiled at me, "Did you have a nice time, honey?" He asked, looking at me in the rear-view mirror.

"Yeah, it was great." I smiled, my eyes stayed locked at the window, my mother didn't say a single word during the entire trip back home.

Walking into the house after my father had parked the car in the garage, we made it in and I placed my purse on the kitchen counter. Going to the fridge and grabbing a water bottle. I made my way to the restroom and washed off all the make-up that was on my face. Taking a quick rinse of my body before stepping out. Changing into my night clothes, I walked into my room, hanging my suit up and hung it at the door.

Turning to my bed, my mother was sitting on the edge of it. She was looking at the floor. "Mom?" I said. She looked up at me.

She finally stood up, walking over to me, till she was a couple inches away, I felt her slap me across my face. My hand went to the sting as I felt tears starting to blind my eye sight.

"How dare you?" She said out.

"What? What did I do to deserve this?" I asked her.

"I've let you gone far enough, how much debating it took for me to let you wear a suit to your brother's wedding and be his best man... You are showing too much of your masculinity. You are a female, a woman. You should be wearing dresses, not suits or dress-shirts and ties... and don't get me started at how you were looking at that older blonde and dancing with her. I watched you two, I saw the entire dance. You looked at her like she means everything. You look at her, like you want to start something and hoping she'll accept it."

"When the hell did I say I was going to start something?" I said.

She glared at me, "Don't you use that tone with me... this is my house and I am doing you a favor and letting you stay here! You're twenty-two Jayleen."