Chapter 35: Talk It Out

A/N: So sorry! So much school work and college is a lot to handle. But thanks for waiting and here's the next update. It's not much, but I didn't want to leave everyone hanging, so here it is.

~ Jayleens POV ~

We stood at the front door. Waiting for her to answer and waiting for her to invite me in. She stood silently and stared at me for a while.

"Of course we can talk, come in." She said. I was about to give her an odd expression of why she's acting sweet, but I suddenly heard a few footsteps behind me. Thinking those are other students or professors walking down the office hall.

She stepped aside and allowed me to enter her office. Closing the door, she turned towards me and gestures to the seat next to her desk. I sat down, placing my bag at my feet. I watched her sit and shift uncomfortably in her chair. She crossed her legs and adjusted her arms and leaned against the armrest of the chair.

"How are you? Besides all this..." I drifted.

"I'm alright, how about you? Things got out of hand at the airport." She said. Trying not to look at me.

I sighed, slightly nodding my head, "I'm decent... at least. Did you enjoy your trip at least? The flights go smoothly and everything?"

"Yeah, they did and it was alright. Thanks for asking." She responded.

"Did you get tired of us college students and left us?" I teased, trying to brighten up the mood.

She smiled lightly, "Yes, you college seniors are hard to deal with." She countered.

I chuckled, "So, getting to the point. Can I please get an explanation? You wanted to talk and I was acting cold to you. I'm sorry. But what Claire said, and your pleading, I realized I want an explanation."

She nodded, "I flew to New York originally to visit Wendy and Kale. They're doing great and dearly miss you guys, by the way. They've settled and got used to their environment."

"Well, they're super happy too. So that's great." I agreed.

"I wanted to see Wendy. She knows about us. I told her. She won't judge, but she and Claire heard everything out."

She paused so I could take it all in, "...Go on."

"I know about Megan. When she kissed you, it set me off... but after that, she tells you that she loves you... it just makes me jealous and mad. I feel like because you two have been super great friends ever since, and I bet you would do anything to help her, but if this is getting in the way of our relationship then I don't know what to do anymore."

There was so much silence in the room. I'm trying to take this information into my mind.

"I'm not tell you to stop hanging out with her, I wouldn't do that. I'm just afraid that one day we're going to be together and suddenly you realized that Megan is who you want to be in a relationship with. If that's what you're thinking, then I wouldn't want to get in the way. I don't want to be that person you suddenly leave and go be with someone else who admitted their love to you."

"Kassidy..."

"Please, can I finish?" She asked and I nodded silently, "Wendy and Claire kicked some sense into me to talk to you. That night after talking with them, I was preparing to pack and head home, but Mitch ended up calling me. He's an author and just published his first book, he invited me to Utah and attend the event with him. I agreed. I still feel, even if he is my ex-husband, we still remain friends."

"Was the event fun?" I asked.

"It was. Im proud of him," she said and handed me the book to look at, "He's wanted to be an author for so long, and he's gone through so much work to get there. Even during our marriage, so of course I'd go and support him. It was a sweet and fun night. He's changed and we're keeping things mutual between us." She said.