Chapter 32: One More Visit

~ Kassidy's POV ~

I took a cab to the house. I arrived at nearly 3:00pm on a Friday. I paid the cab driver and walked to the door. Ringing the bell.

"Hey!" I heard as Wendy threw her arms around me, "It's freezing cold out there, come in, I'll make you a cup of hot chocolate."

"With marshmallows?" I joked.

"Yep, we have that too." She smiled.

I saw Kale walk out of his room in a suit. "Kale." I said.

"Kass. It's great to see you." He said and kissed my cheek.

"Yeah, how's living in New York? It's freezing cold right now." I said as we looked at the snow outside.

"Yeah it is, but the place is great." He smiled, "Well, I have to head back to work." He said and hugged me, "Bye honey, I'll see you tonight." He said and kissed her lips before exiting to the garage door.

"Okay, be careful driving." She said as she was stirring the hot drink before walking over to me and set one on the coffee table.

"Thank you." I said.

"So, you took a break and flew down here? Nearly have like a month left before the semester ends." She said.

"Yeah... I know."

"How's Jayleen doing?"

"I don't know... things have been a little rough after that car accident."

"Poor girl, I know she had to go through so much. She told us about her friend Megan who's helping her for those six dreadful weeks of her recovery, that's very sweet." Wendy said.

"I'm trying not to be rude, but... Can we not mention Megan?"

"Yeah, why? Did something bad happen?"

"Yes and no..." I said.

"Kass, what is there to hide, I'm your best friend."

"Who is also married to Jayleen's brother."

"What are you afraid to tell me? Do you think I was going to tell Kale? I mean, some things are for you and me only. Sounds selfish but I can keep a small simple secret between besties from my husband." She said.

"It involves Jayleen."

"Okay..."

"I slept with Jayleen..."

"When? What? How? Girl! Details!" Wendy said.

"We met at your wedding, I was the maid of honor and she was the best man. We literally walked down the aisle together. Well... about a month before you two moved here, we went out to the bar together, because she had situations with her mother and I invited her out for a drink since, we could know each other more. Nothing happened the first time, but we slept together the second time. We didn't speak for a week and then you invited me over since Claire and Amelia were back from their trip. Then Jayleen found out that she was in my class, and I found out that she was my student... we tried to break it off and pretend nothing happened. Then we made an agreement... didn't think we'd go that far, but we both somehow gained feeling and we dated until the last day of summer, broke it off to act professional and promised to get back together at the end of the year." I spiraled.

"Wow... you two... wow." Wendy said.

I took a sip of my drink, "But wait, there's more." I smiled.

She glared at me and hit my arm, "You and that line."

I chuckled, "Seriously though, so... she has this friend, Megan, they sit next to each other in my class and they're very close, known each other for I think twelve years. Well... after the car accident, she did take care of Jayleen. Then towards the end of her recovery, Mitch stops by my class and tells me he has changed, I gave him a chance to prove it, but I don't love him anymore. He ended up truly showing me that he's changed. He returned all the money that he stole out of my account during our marriage."