Chapter 39: Vulnerability

~ Jayleen's POV ~

It was the day after New Years, Kassidy, my parents, and I stood at the airport.

"You two have everything?" My mom asked.

"Yeah," Kale nodded as he was smiling at us.

"We don't want to go," Wendy laughed.

"We're definitely coming in June for Jayleen's graduation," Kale said.

I smiled, "Hope you two have a safe trip back," I said and hugged both of them.

We all said our goodbyes, watching them walk to the gate. Waiting till their plane takes off before we walked to the cars.

When we got to our cars, I looked at my phone and got a text from Megan saying that her family is home from shopping and I could come over.

"Are we just going to head home now?" Dad asked.

"Actually, Megan just texted, her parents are heading down there tomorrow and asked if I'd help them pack and help move. They just got home, I'm going to go there right now," I said, and they nodded.

My parents got in their car and drove home. I walked towards my car, and I felt Kassidy's presence behind me. I turned around, and she just pointed to her car over there, that appears to be a couple of cars down from mine.

"Well, have a good rest of your day, Kass," I said.

I felt her grab my hand, "Please be careful, Jayleen..." Our eyes were looking at each other. I was going to say something, but she suddenly realized what she said and opened her mouth, "...Umm, you know, moving boxes and heavy furniture, don't want you getting hurt," she finished.

Instead of saying anything else, I just nodded. She suddenly let go of my hand and waved as she walked to hers, and I got in mine.

~~~<>~~~<>~~~<>~~~

I arrived at her parents' house. Ringing the bell, Megan opened it and smiled at me. "Hey," she smiled.

"Hi," I said. We walked in and towards the living room where her parents' stood packing, "Hi Mr. and Mrs. Johnson."

"Hello dear, how are you?" Mrs. Johnson asked.

"Good," I said and looked around the house, "Wow... I can't believe you guys are moving after being here for over seventeen years."

"Yeah," Megan sighed, "It's... going to be hard to leave this place."

I nodded, "Alright, would you want me to start somewhere specific?"

"No, actually, we're nearly done with the house. You can head with Megan to her apartment and help her pack some of her items. We'll be there in an hour," her father said.

I nodded, Megan grabbed her coat as we walked outside, "Did you drive here?"

"No, my parents took me out to breakfast, so I left my car back at my apartment."

"Okay," I said, and we hopped into my car. "How was your Christmas and New Years?"

"It was great, a lot of family time," I smiled, "Yours?"

"Same, cousins and friends came over to visit," she said. 

Getting to Megan's apartment, she let me in, and the majority of the apartment was empty.

"How much left is there to clear?"

"Just some items in my bedroom and the living room picture frames. Then place all the boxes in the living room, so the delivery truck comes tomorrow to pick it up," Megan said. "It looks like a lot when you look at it..."