Chapter 45: Guilty Apologies

A/N: I'm sorry for the terribly long wait. It's heaven when you're on school break. I took that to my advantage and probably over relaxed (I don't even know if that's a thing. *Shrug*). Anyway, I was finally able to write the next chapter. I start classes again tomorrow, but hopefully getting back into the school routines will help me finally finish this book. Anyway, happy reading!

~ Jayleen's POV ~

Laying in my bed as I stared at the ceiling with the TV noise in the background.

"Gosh, why am I such a screwup?" I asked as I threw the pillow over my face.

"Leen, don't say that," Sydnee asked as she was sitting on my bed next to me flipping through the channels.

"It's true. I have mother issues-"

"You did, you and your mother are getting along now," she said.

"Okay, I have best friend issues, involved with my professor issues, decision issues... what else is there?" I groaned.

"Leen, you're so negative on yourself," Sydnee said.

"Yeah, can you blame me? She wants to get back together with me, and I'm asking myself why she's even thinking about it," I said, "Even I wouldn't date myself after that mess."

"So, in simpler terms, she's handling your screw up and pushing past it better than you can?" Victor asked as he was sitting on the couch with Karina.

"Yeah. I want to get back together with her as much as she does with me. I can't afford to make another mistake Then she'll bring back the conversation of me sleeping with Megan. Then at that point, this entire thing is a big mess."

"Seriously, I know you and Kassidy are on difficult terms, but if you are destined to get back together with her, take some time off for now. It's not like you have to get with her right away. You both probably need time to clear your head. Mostly you, since she's already suggesting that she does want to be with you. Talk to her before you go back, tell her you need time. School is going to start in a bit. I bet you, you're going to focus on classes to graduate and your job as a waitress. There's no rush. If Kassidy is destined to be with you, she can wait until you are ready to get back with her. Or ready to give her a response of how you two are going to be," Victor said.

Sydnee, Karina and I turned our heads to him, "Wow dad, thanks," Sydnee said.

"Shut up," he argued.

"You sound like you're all married with kids, wow... you're growing," Karina said.

We all started to laugh, "Yeah, I'll take some time to worry more with myself before this. Besides, Kass is still a professor there. Maybe it might be best to hold off on whatever we have for now." They all smile, "Thank you, guys."

~~~<>~~~<>~~~<>~~~

About a month has passed. I parked my car at the restaurant. Same old job. Same old time. Same old family. I walked into the door and went to the back where my dress shirt is in my locker. I head to the restroom and changed.

"Why is this magenta?" I asked as I walked out.

"Remember when we did the silver for the week of New Year?" William asked.

"Yeah?" I questioned.

"Yeah, this week is Valentine's. So, magenta for all staff. I told you this was a resolution," he stated.

"Ahh, right."

He smiled before going to his office. I walked over to place my jacket away, "Well, at least Leen looks hot in magenta."