cuarenta y ocho

corbyn was blessedly quiet in the taxi home. on the other hand, daniel did everything possible to rid his mind of the horrifying images.

corbyn was his boyfriend now.

they were completely in love and living together. corbyn was on his way to being a producer. if his words and evidence of his behavior were any indication, he was happier now than ever in his life. and so was daniel.

but sometimes daniel still hated what he used to do. he hated all his other clients. he hated them with every flash of passion in his soul. it did not matter that he had never met corbyn if it wasn't for his previous profession.

he still hated it because that job had made corbyn hurt himself.

when they returned to the apartment, daniel grabbed a bottle of water from the refrigerator, took off his shoes and curled up on the sofa.

he was about to turn on the television when corbyn sat in front of him, on the little coffee table and looked at daniel seriously.

"what?" daniel demanded, feeling a bit nervous. sometimes it was really annoying not being able to keep secrets from corbyn.

"do you want to talk about it?" the blond asked softly.

"no."

"dani" his tone sounded like a reproach.

"i said i'm fine," daniel squealed, "i didn't like meeting that asshole, but it's not a big deal"

corbyn raised his eyebrows. "i think it's a big thing. i meen, it looks like you're about to scream or about to cry"

daniel was about to do both, so he bit his lip and took a deep breath through his nose.

"daniel"

"leave me alone," he snapped, losing his patience as he lost control of his emotions. "i told you i didn't want to talk about it."

"fine" corbyn took a book and quietly began to read a book on the little table.

divided between relief and irrationally hurt feelings because he was being ignored, daniel peeked out for a few minutes, staring at the blank television, and then took his bottle of water. he was so distracted that he ended up throwing away the bottle.

it fell to the floor, spilling a small puddle of water on the hardwood floor and the asian rug.

"shit!" in a fit of frustration, he got up to get a dish towel from the kitchen.

corbyn had started cleaning first. "i will do it-"

"just sit down." daniel's tone was unfairly grumpy and a part of him immediately regretted it, but he was in such a bad mood now that his regret was quickly quelled.

he returned with the dish towel and knelt on the floor to clean the water.

"honey," corbyn began, very softly, as he watched him from the table.

for some reason, his kindness was what made daniel finally stop. he straightened, sitting on his knees with a wet towel in his lap, and burst into tears.