cuarenta y tres

hey, i just made an update because we hit 70k views and 6k views

♡ thanks a lot ♡

ily

===

"all right!" daniel shouted from corbyn's kitchen.

very carefully, he brought a small vanilla cake with caramel frosting and ten lighted candles to the living room. "everything's ready."

corbyn had been writing something on his notebook in his couch while daniel was preparing his cake. when he approached, corbyn closed his notebook and discreetly put it in his leather case, which was placed on the floor near the sofa.

daniel observed it, but didn't comment anything. he just smiled as he left the cake on the table.

"happy birthday to you!", daniel began to sing.

the blond grimaced when he began, but when the song ended and he clapped. then daniel looked at him expectantly as corbyn bent to extinguish the candles.

"did you made a wish?"

"of course" corbyn's mouth drew a smile as he examined the cake whose preparation had taken hours in the morning to daniel. "did you make this cake yourself?"

"yes, and don't you dare to laugh. baking is not one of my talents, but i did my best."

"it looks great, you shouldn't have done it."

daniel gave him an indignant look. "why the hell shouldn't i?"

corbyn's lips couldn't help but show a smile again.

daniel liked this. he liked that they were both alone. he liked that corbyn didn't have a grudge for all that had happened.

he liked being able to keep him in his life.

"i couldn't put twenty-five candles in your cupcake" said daniel with rosy cheeks.

corbyn raised an eyebrow accusingly what made daniel laugh. then he admitted: "yesterday was my birthday, not today."

daniel gave corbyn the knife so he could cut the cake for both of them.

"i know, but you were an idiot that scheduled an appointment on your birthday, so i had to settle and do the celebration tonight."

he would never admit it, but he was pretty hurt because of what corbyn did.

they never talked about corbyn's work. he knew that sometimes corbyn come home late. he took his briefcase and never said a word about what he was doing.

it had been two months since he had ceased to be corbyn's client. after bumping into the hotel bar, little by little they turned what could end up as uncomfortable into a beautiful friendship.

at first, it had been a bit uncomfortable. daniel was nervous around corbyn, and corbyn was quite distant.

but gradually they had felt more comfortable with each other, and now daniel saw him or talked to him almost every day.
but he hated that the blond hadn't retired from his job as an escort. he still hated the idea of ​​each of his clients and everything he did with them.