cuarenta y dos

daniel was next to the hotel reception where he and corbyn had spent so many nights together, waiting for the deputy director to return with his bag.

he left it there three nights ago. when instead of going to the hotel he went to corbyn's house.

corbyn, daniel let out a sigh at the thought of him. why everything had to be so difficult?

after checking into the room, he had left his things, his clothes and work items, under the assumption that he and corbyn would return to the room after skating on ice.

he had thought he was being very practical and efficient, avoiding the need to drag the bag with him, but they had never returned to the hotel. and he had completely forgotten until a member of the hotel staff called to let him know that they were holding the bag until he could claim it.

it felt strange to be in the hotel again. without corbyn.

every detail of the marble entrance floor and the elegant decor of the lobby was familiar. but daniel doubted that he would ever book a room in this hotel again.

everything reminded him of corbyn.

corbyn besson. the one who hadn't responded to your email.
telling him that he could no longer hire his services was painful. the blond was awake and sitting on the bed when daniel came back from the bathroom that morning.

the blond had more experience with the world than any man daniel had ever known. that's why daniel expected corbyn to suspect what he was going to do.

but corbyn didn't know it.

daniel stuttered a kind of explanation, concluding that he could no longer be his client. while he spoke, corbyn's expression had become more and more confused.

"i'm sorry," daniel said shaking, trying to counter the way corbyn was closing as he watched. "it doesn't feel professional for me anymore, i just can't continue with this."

"daniel, it does't have to be-"

"everything is very bad," daniel interrupted him, terrified of what the blond might say. daniel wasn't prepared to hear anything that came out of his mouth. "there's no way that his doesn't ruin what we hace now. also i don't feel like we should do this."

"but daniel i-"

"corbyn, please, i'm so sorry" his attempts to speak and the expression in the blond's eyes were causing panic in daniel.

daniel didn't know what corbyn wanted to say, but he had been picking up small clues and hints from him for months. and finally, after the intensity of the previous night, the pieces fell into place.

daniel didn't know exactly what corbyn felt for him, but he knew he wasn't the only one with strong feelings.

he couldn't let corbyn say it, not even what he was liking to hear. but if corbyn got to say it all this would go to hell.

and daniel didn't want that.

"everything you say will confuse things even more, i can not be with you anymore"