treinta y nueve

spoiler alert:

===

as they walked the last two blocks to the restaurant, daniel's mood returned with the mercury variability that seemed to define the time he had spent with corbyn in recent weeks.

he was actually laughing as they entered the small restaurant lit by candles. the air smelled of garlic and good music played in the background.

a sweet good looking man greeted corbyn by his name, by his real name, and turned to daniel with a flickering smile that seemed vaguely surprised.

daniel loved the place.

there weren't many tables. and evidently, they were all taken. the host apologized a lot and offered them a free drink while they waited a few minutes for one of the tables to empty.

not getting use to such treatment by a restaurant host, daniel leaned toward corbyn as they stood near the wall in the pleasant entrance.

"what have you done to be treated that well?" daniel murmured, foolishly enjoying the sensation of having him so close to him in such a public place.

corbyn smiled, his eyes fell on daniel's face in a way that made him shudder with pleasure. " i come here very often"

when the host brushed past daniel on his way to explore the availability of tables, daniel moved closer to corbyn, instinctively reaching out a hand to curve gently around his side, just below his ribs. "do you live around here?"

daniel had no idea where corbyn lived and he was dying to know what his house was like.

"not far away" corbyn didn't seem particularly closed, although his answer wasn't entirely imminent.

corbyn didn't separate from him. in fact, he moved a little, leaning against the wall and somehow moving even closer to him. daniel's hips, chest and arms brushed against corbyn, and the young one still hadn't taken his hand off corbyn's side.

he liked the way his body felt under his palm, the warm, firm flesh beneath his shirt, not so much sexual as intimate.

and daniel realized that this was something he lacked: the feeling of being with a man in public, and that everyone around him knew they were together.

he was paying corbyn for his time and attention tonight, but everyone who saw them must assume they were a couple. it felt as if they were together.