veintitres

"i'm so sorry," zach said fastly.

jack shook his head. he wasn't going to believe him this time.

"fuck off." the curly haired boy replied turning to go back to his room.

but zach wasn't going to give up. he ran behind him to overtake him and put himself in front to interrupt him to go away.

"i'm so sorry" repeated zach.

jack shook his head. he wanted to speak, he wanted to defend why he didn't want him close. he wanted to tell him how much those words hurt.
jack wanted to tell zach, that he was a stupid asshole.

but the words didn't come out of his mouth because every time he tried to speak everything bad he had suffered during his life came to his head.
all those times that he had been called fagot, all those boyfriends and girlfriends who broke up with him because he was different, what it cost his family to understand that he could love everyone regardless of gender and all those friends he lost because of being who he was.

when he came back to reality he realized that his cheeks were wet with tears and some arms were around him.

it was zach's arms.

zach was trying to comfort him.

jack rested his head on the boy's shoulder and smiled at the same time he let out a sob.

it was at that moment that he remembered the good things. his family understood him and loved him as he was. he had daniel as his best friend, as someone he would never lose. people had stopped treating him differently and had stopped labeling him, they only saw him as a jack. a person and not a label.

and zach. well zach had done it wrong, but he had come to apologize. and that was a change.

a nice and big change.

zach's voice sounded soft and low over jack's ear. "you deserve so much more than this apology, much more than me. i'm sorry."

jack turned away from him when he heard those words. zach looked at him with sad eyes. he felt guilty. "i don't care if i deserve something better, or worse, zach. i like you."

they were so close to each other that it only took one of them to take the initiative.

"you don't know who i am, jack. you have no idea of ​​my life, my problems, you don't know the worst part of me, what if you don't like that?" replied zach.

zach just tried to find the best for jack at that moment and thought he wasn't the one.

"well, we'll see that with time." said jack with a sideways smile.

"you will regret." zach said thinking about what the hell was his life.

jack had had a crush on him since he had seen him when zach entered college for the first time. he had gone to see him at every game and had seen him participate in lots of events.

and of all that, what he had taken out was that zach wasn't a bad person.

"i don't think so." replied the curly-haired boy.