veintisiete

warning: long chapter

===

daniel after his bath put on his pajamas, the same one he had used in his first session with corbyn several months ago.

the outfit was familiar, very soft and the shorts were comfortable.

but it did not calm the nerves that daniel felt.

he was in his second glass of wine when he heard the knock on the door of the hotel room. he took three deep breaths as he walked. but then, when he opened the door, he felt an unexpected flash of heat as he saw corbyn standing in the doorway.

he look as always. perfect.

tonight, the blond wore a dark gray suit and a black shirt without a tie. he was smooth, handsome and sophisticated. to daniel's relief, corbyn wasn't smiling with that horrible fake smile. he actually wasn't smiling at all.

he just looked at him with a mocking expression. however, the blond was completely calm.

whatever the deep emotion that had been eating him the last time they had seen him, he had been controlled. which was very reassuring.

daniel gave him a shy smile. "hi, i changed my mind"

"i see" corbyn answer was emotionless.

daniel let him into the room, and they walked to the round table by the window.

"i hope it's okay," said daniel, sitting on the edge of one of the chairs.

there was a pause in which daniel felt that the silence was killing him. "it's not a problem for me" corbyn's green light eyes were now pretty dark and they kept continue scanning daniel's face, as if he was trying to get something out of his expression.

"i feel a bad about that. coming and going like that"

corbyn shook his head. "do you really think i expect a promise from my clients? that's the point of using my services." he seemed sincere. there were no traces of anguish in his eyes or his expression.

in fact, daniel thought he saw a flash of fun. it was something daniel never would have expected.

daniel frowned. "are you laughing at me?"

"of course not"

however the answer wasn't satisfactory for daniel. "i'm not stupid," explained the blue-eyed boy. "my circumstances have changed"

"i guess that means you left your boyfriend"

daniel didn't respond. what happened with Jonah bothered him a lot. it made him feel like shit. and corbyn talking about it like that, didn't help.

corbyn's eyes widened at the silence. "did he leave you?"

daniel couldn't help but feel a shudder of pleasure at the slight astonishment in corbyn's voice. it was nice to know that the blond cared about him. but he wasn't going to tell him that the one who left him was him, because it didn't matter anymore. jonah did not matter anymore.