Ch. 48

Shadow awoke the next morning at the blaring of her alarm. She reached over turning it off. Laying in bed for a moment longer, she thought of her conversation with Dean from the night before. She frowned as she thought of it. She couldn't understand why he continued to speak so badly of himself. Couldn't he see that she loved him? That she saw something great in him? Is it her fault? Does she not show him enough love? Enough care? At that moment, she decided that in order for him to believe her, she would need to show him and get it across to him just how great and important he really is. She had a few hours to go until the show started, so she got up to get ready for the day.

After getting out of the shower and getting dressed, Shadow grabbed her phone and used her map app to locate the nearest craft store. Seeing as the craft store was only 3 blocks away, Shadow headed off in that direction on foot. As Shadow entered the store, she was greeted by a lady at the closest register. "Good morning! Welcome to Hobby Lobby!" Shadow smiled and dipped her head in greeting, then headed to the back of the store where the wood section was located. When she made it to the aisle she spent 10 minutes searching for the perfect box. After finally picking one, she headed to the paint aisle to pick out the paint and brushes she would need before heading to the stationary aisle and picked out what kinds of paper she would be using. When she was done picking out the items, she headed back to the front of the store to the open register of the women who first greeted her. The women smiled, "Hello again, I hope you were able to find everything you needed?" Shadow nodded her head, "Yes. In fact I'm surprised I only come out with what I needed. Normally when I come here, I end up with a lot more than I really needed." Shadow joked. The women chuckled, agreeing with her. "Your total will be $45.50." Shadow took out the card Roman had given her forever ago and used it to pay with. She wouldn't be getting her first payment from WWE for another few days. Besides, she thought to herself, Roman did basically demand that she use it. "Have a nice day!" The cashier stated as Shadow grabbed her bags and left.