Ch. 25

As they entered the club they saw a group of other Superstars already claiming a few tables in the back corner. They headed over to join them. As they made it to the table Sheamus and Cesaro were the first to greet them. "Well if it isn't the Shield boys." Sheamus started off, "Haven't seen you boys out and about for quite some time now." He chuckled patting Roman on the back. "Yeah well we've been busy lately. Besides you know we're more of the "quiet and solo" kinda drinkers." Roman stated with a small sigh. "Well that's fine and dandy but tonight you boys came to join the party right? Then let's party!" Cesaro shouted raising his glass in the air. "I'll grab the drinks. Usual's?" Seth asked as he started heading away to the bar(the actual bar not the tag team lol...I'm sorry.) "Wouldn't have anything else!" Dean stated with a shout.

Moments later Seth returned with the drinks and the conversation at the table was already flowing. "So I heard from a little birdy that you boys have been getting followed around by a little kitten." Sheamus started. "Yeah heard she even go in the ring with you boys at the gym a while back." Cesaro questioned as well. The three stiffened up afraid that they had caught on to who she was already. Finn broke the awkward and very sudden silence. "Oh yeah I saw her earlier. She's a friend come to travel and stay with them for a while. Almost made us late getting her. Apparently Roman here is super over protective and kept wanting to make sure she'd be OK in the room by herself." As soon as he finished that sentence Dolph Ziggler showed up to join them. "Well if it isn't the Shield boys! What are you doing here? I'd thought you'd be huddled up in your room with that little kitten that's been following you around." You could tell he had already had a few drinks as some of his words were slurred. All three men got defensive about his choice of words, but none more so than Roman. "Not that it's any of your business, but Finn offered us to come and SHE wanted us to come out and "socialize" as she put it." Roman grumbled out, his hand tightening around his drinking glass. Dolph chuckled, "So you're only here because some kitten told you to get lost for a few hours? Sounds like you boys are whipped and she just needed an excuse to get you off her back." At that, all three men stood up in anger. In the blink of an eye Roman was in Ziggler's face. "Watch what you say next boy. We don't take lightly to comments made about what's ours." Roman shouted as he stared down his nose at Ziggler. By this point Seth and Dean had joined Roman at his back. Each on either side while Finn, Sheamus, and Cesaro stood up as well to create a buffer between the two. "Alright lads. I think that's enough yeah? Why don't we all settle down then, alright?" Finn stated trying to deescalate the situation. "Nah we're good. We were just leaving." Roman stated as he, Seth and Dean turned to go. Seth went ahead and pulled out his phone to text Marie that they were leaving.

Within 5 minutes of receiving the text Marie pulled up to the sidewalk waiting for them to get in and buckled up before heading back to the hotel. Marie frowned, something was wrong. She could feel the tension as soon as the got into the car. Although she was extremely curious, she decided it would be best to wait till they were back in the hotel room before asking.

As soon as the door to the room shut she was on them. "Alright spill. What happened? I could feel the tension as soon as you entered the car." Roman sighed but didn't say anything. He was still angered by what Ziggler had said. Dean wasn't any better as he was currently pacing the floor in front of the door. Seth decided it was his job to explain. "We were at the club having a couple of drinks with Sheamus, Cesaro, and Finn. Everything was going fine till Ziggler showed up. He started asking questions like why we were there and why we weren't in the room with you. It p*ssed us off especially Roman. We may or may not have hopped up to maybe possibly beat his ass. Finn, Sheamus, and Cesaro hopped up to mediate though so we decided to leave." Seth finished with an annoyed sigh. They really were having a good time until Ziggler showed up. Marie frowned, "Well I'm sorry your night was ruined, but your didn't have to get upset. I'm sure he just found it strange that you all were out and socializing and maybe he's just annoyed that he doesn't know who I am." All three of their heads snapped towards her after hearing this. Dean was the one to reply this time. "So that's supposed to make what he said and did OK? Just cause we do something we don't do often? Just cause he's annoyed that he don't know who you are to us? Hell no! We're not even p*ssed that he asked about US, we're p*ssed that he thinks he has a right to ask about what's OURS! You're our sister, our partner, m-our girl! We're not gonna let some little sh*t like Ziggler get away with talking about yah!" And with that last shout, Dean stomped his way to their shared room.