"There's no food." Not even a ball a fucking lint or baking powder in the fridge. "Mommy," I complained in my Power Rangers onesie with feet.

"You're killing my buzz. Juuuss- " She couldn't even finish the sentence before she was gone in a drug-filled haze.

"Mommy?" I asked. Three-year-old me didn't understand why she wasn't responding but adult me knew. She was a heroin addict turning tricks to keep us afloat. Some nights she just needed to escape. I laid down on the dirty brown carpet with my cheeks press against the floor staring up at her. "Night night, Mommy." I stayed there on the floor sucking my thumb until sleep finally took over me.

I opened my eyes and felt physically drained.

No one knew how to make me feel like shit better than myself. I lost Cecelia... just like...

Never mind. I was starving for something deep fried and covered with salt.

How in Hera's panty drawer did I wind up at Vanessa's place? The room was sophisticated and elegant, featuring dark woods, plush furnishings, touches of marble, and large picture windows to take in the shit storm blizzard going on outside. I threw the decadent golden covers off my body and got out of the king size bed. Either Vanessa undressed me, or I broke into her house and got naked?

No.

Could have swore I passed out at Moonies?

Naked as the day I was born, I grabbed a nearby blanket and wrapped it around my waist. I stormed out of the room slamming the door behind me. I started to head down the white marbled hallway filled with golden mirrors, chandeliers, token vases, "V! The fuck happened last night?" A white door swung open just in front of me, "Yo!"

"Don't 'Yo' me. What kind of self-destructive path have you been on?!" Freya exploded. She looked... downright awful with dark circles under her eyes. She looked too skinny, and bruises covered her arms and legs. She must have been borrowing some of Vanessa's clothes judging by how loose the low black crop top shirt hung on her and the gray sweatpants she was swimming in.

"You're alive," I said utterly shocked.

"Yes, and Cecelia is too. I haven't seen her- "

"She's okay?! Where is she?!" I was a fucking mess without Cecelia. I didn't know if she was alive or dead. All I knew was what Bash and Callan had told me. The guilt and worry ate away at my soul like a festering pulsating womb. I should have been there for her. I should have known something was wrong.

"Ares has her in a cabin. He's preparing for war. All the Gods are." She explained making me take a deep breath of relief. She was alive.

Safe.

For two months my mind only came up with the worst possible situations. Many situations. But they all ended with her death.

"Alaric, I need my book. I could probably teleport you to Cecelia. I just need my book." That's right, I have her books. I tried using the book of Athena to find out answers about Cecelia, but I didn't get any clear answers. I tried using the black book she was carrying around too, but it didn't give me any information.

"Damon has it," I think, "The most important thing is she's safe and alive. And you too," despite her haggard appearance.

"I am sorry," Freya confessed, "I wasn't thinking and almost got everyone killed. I just wanted to..."

"Save a friend," I said understanding where her heart was. If I was dying, I would hope and pray that someone cared enough for my life to do half the things Freya must have done in The Underworld to get those flowers.