An Invitation

Chapter 17

Damon

Blowing his whistle Hercules finally said the magical words, "Cool down!"

"Thank the Gods," Leo said crumbling to the ground.

"I second that," Milo said.

"I mean, in hindsight, it makes no sense to have a man that started off as a demigod, then became the God of strength, try and train us. It's suicide!" Leo complained trying to catch his breath.

"How badly do you want to go to Elysium?" Milo coughed. I started my cool down. I haven't seen Freya since I saw her unconscious in the hospital. She just disappeared. No matter how many times I tried to call out to her, I got nothing.

I really wanted to drill into her skull I did not sleep with Cecilia. She was a perfectly fine girl... for Alaric. I found her timid, delicate, and too polished.

I finished my cool down and headed back to my room for a shower. Once I was clean, I tried calling out to Freya again. Nothing. I hope we're not losing our connection I thought as I stepped into the hallway ready for dinner. As I headed downstairs I heard, "Son of a bitch!"

My heart jumped with excitement. I immediately, teleported to the familiar voice. Leaning against the door frame I looked down to see a frustrated Freya in between the threshold of Alaric's door, "You look well."

"You know getting beaten within an inch of your life really gives your skin that glowing look," she said bitterly. I winced at that.

Not wanting to talk about her beating, I quickly changed the subject, "What are you doing? You should be resting." Demigod or not, nobody takes a beating like that from Zeus and gets away with only some minor swelling.

"Trying to fix Alaric's door. I think I'm just making it worse. I'm good, hungry all the time, but completely healed."

"Are you sure or are you just trying to push through the pain? Because there's nothing wrong with-"

"I'm fine. I took some magical pills and I'm good," she said. Magical pills? "Yup. Guess who found herself a trainer? And he's really chill. A little serious, but I think his intentions are good," she said.

"Who?" I know most of the professors at the University. I didn't think any of them were breaking down any doors to train or teach Freya.

"Gareth Hoffman," she said.

"Never heard of him. What subjects does he teach?"

"I don't know, but he likes the idea of heroes. And he wears a black suit, and he smokes. I think he's the first person that just accepts who I am and wants to see me accomplish my full potential. He says he can have me completely trained by the end of summer..." she continued to talk about him. I didn't know this Gareth, but I already didn't like him. I saw the way Freya's eyes lit up in excitement, how bubbly her voice was talking about him. I wanted those things to for her too, did she not see that?

I was going to have to look up this Hoffman, "... The Order lives like kings! You should have seen the place, Anson was being Anson, but it's not every day you get to see a billion-dollar mansion."

I'm sorry what?

"Did you completely tune me out? I visited The Order this morning?"

"What?!"

"Yeah, and then I convinced Anson to let me meet the Ministry. If I'm going to get Daniel to fight with us, I have to find a Philip McAvoy. So, I'm still waiting on that..."