Inspiration, Desperation, Determination

Chapter 29

Freya

After a very awkward night, Damon and I finally went back to his house in the Maldives where Cecilia, Alaric and Leo were. For all of one minute it felt like it was just Cecilia and me.

Ares did eventually show up to talk to Cecilia and he didn't grab her the way he did me. They had a civil and quite quaint conversation and Cecilia decided to stay here. She also told Ares about Alaric and her being Bonded. She didn't get an awkward boy's only want one thing talk.

I missed Anson.

I miss being able to talk to Alaric.

And I wanted so much more from Damon than polite but familiar conversation. I felt him pulling back from me since our little make-out session. Was I supposed to just be okay with a marriage-like commitment, no questions asked, just legs wide open? We needed to talk. But I understood the boys were busy, they had to go back to Haven and help clean up and try to get Haven back to normal. I don't know how normal any place can be after it's been shaking and beaten within its life by Darkness, but they had a job to do and I had research to conduct. And I still wanted to deliver Phillip's letter to Daniel. I asked Damon to fill him in on what happened since I was officially excommunicated. But every time he came back, he always said the same thing, 'I haven't seen him'.

I needed to talk to Daniel and Hercules, but mostly I just needed to talk to someone who wasn't Cecilia. I was going stir crazy staring at the same white walls, walking the same beach and talking to the same person day in and day out. I wanted to train with Hoffman, but I couldn't risk going back to Haven. They were being somewhat lenient with my kicking out. I don't think I would stay in their good graces if I just kept popping in like nothing had changed. But I needed Hoffman more now than ever. I needed a lot of things, but I always seemed to be coming up empty.

I was currently laying on the couch in clothes I knew Alaric had picked out. Short shorts Victoria Secret yoga pants and a PINK quarter zip jacket. In fact, Cecilia and I's entire wardrobe here was Victoria Secret. Cecilia settled on a white floral sundress that seemed to give her an almost ethereal glow. Or maybe it was because she was perfectly bathed in sun light. I was fine with my high ponytail, laying on my back watching Naruto. It's amazing the things you can do when you should be working on a plan to save the world. I was hoping for some kind of divine intervention. All I got was Cecilia asking a bunch of questions; Why do they run like that? Who's the girl with the pink hair again? Doesn't this seem very violent for children? It's fair to say she is not an anime fan, and we didn't have anything else to watch because Damon didn't have internet or satellite TV. So, we were stuck with the movies he had here, and the goodies Alaric brought us. Words I never thought I would use to describe the Michael Bay Transformers series.

Maybe I should go visit Anson? At least at The Orders mansion they had a library and internet. Maybe I could figure out when Erebus and Nyx were actually going to try and come here. "Now, why is the yellow old haired boy trying to be the president again?"

I'm done.

"I told you he's trying to be Hokage, it's like being the president of his Village." I was at the point where I was ready to throw the DVD, the TV and the fucking soundbar out the window if she asked one more question! It was like she wasn't even watching!

"Oook... so how did-"

"I have to run some errands. Are you good by yourself?" It wouldn't be long before someone checked on us. Cecilia was a big girl she didn't need me holding her hand and we definitely didn't need to be babysitting each other.

"What errands? Please don't tell me you're planning on going back to Haven?"

If Damon couldn't find Daniel, I was going to have to. And I needed Hoffman to keep training me. I needed to find him too and convinced him I was worth whatever risk he will be taking to help me.