Forever Strong

Chapter 36

Damon

We landed roughly in the old wooden house. I slammed myself against the wall, but I held tightly onto Freya as her backpack fell to the floor. Alaric landed belly first on the living room floor with Honey. In the split-second it took us to get here, Freya's seizures had worsened. Her skin was clammy, sweat perforated over her body and I could feel how weak she was.

I left for a second! I should have let her come with me. I should... It doesn't matter. What matters now was getting Freya help. Whatever that thing was that exploded against me wasn't here in Patriot, Indiana. Looking around at the sheet covered furniture with a fine line of dust in the air, I couldn't help but think of all the bad memories this place held. I never thought I'd ever come back here again. Roman had clearly been keeping up the place.

Woof!! Woof!!

"Help me get her on the table." I said loosening my grip on Freya the more her body jerked.

For once in his life, he didn't give me some smart-ass comment. He stood to his feet just as Freya kicked her legs from under my arms. Alaric held her legs and I had her arms,

Woof! Woof!!!

That's a good question. I scanned the area, the kitchen table? I didn't know a lot about seizures but I'm pretty sure I weren't supposed to put her in a bed. I didn't want to move her, but I had to keep her safe "Kitchen." We slowly made our way into the other room. As gently as possible we lowered Freya down on to the six-person light wood kitchen table. As soon as we let go of Freya, Honey jumped up on to the table trying to get as close as possible to her. Alaric tried to move him, only to have Honey bite at him.

"Hey! I feed you and walk you more than her! Bad dog!" Alaric said jerking his hand away just in time to miss Honey's bite. "What in Hera's wig has gotten into..."

Unprompted Honey went from a very small dog to the size of a full-grown muscular wolf with a brindled black coat and an extravagant ruff of fur around his neck and a long tail that curved like the hook of a coat hanger. Honey let out a rumbling rich, low, warning growl, his lips pulled back to show large, dagger-like fangs two inches in length and as white as ivory. He didn't tear his gaze from Alaric or me. Once we had backed up enough, Honey settled himself on Freya's chest covering her completely. Honey was so big now, I was sure he was going to break the table. I couldn't tell if he was suffocating her, but her seizure seemed to stop.

"So, what now?" Alaric asked.

"We need a healer. Seizures aren't supposed to-"

"Be common for a demigod," Alaric and I both jumped into action, hurling fireballs at the last person I would have expected to be here.

Roman?

Our barrage of flames did nothing. All it took was a flick of Romans wrist to make our attacks evaporate into black ink-like thick smoke. "Now now, if you're going to come home you have to at least be civil about it," Roman said stepping forward wearing a fine contemporary suit featuring a flattering slim fit for a modern, refined look. Even after all these years Romen still had a taste for the finer things in life. He was also sporting the ring of Hades.

Honey growled deeply the closer Roman got to Freya making Roman stay on the other side of the kitchen. "This is a real step up for you Roman, living in Michael Myers childhood home. What was there no room at the Winchester Mansion?"

Roman completely ignored Alaric turning to face me with his hands in his pocket he said, "It never surprises me the group of people you associate with."