Kicked Out

Chapter 26

Damon

I chased after Alaric hoping I could make him see sense. We would find Cecilia and Bash, but running head-first into a dangerous situation would only get us killed. Or in his case, only get a ceiling caving in on your back.

The ceiling caved in directly on Alaric and threw me back into a wall. I stood up and rushed over to the pile of debris and started to pull everything out of the way. He could still be alive down there. I just needed to lift harder. I needed-

"Need some help?" I heard Freya's voice say as I struggled to lift a metal beam. She came to stand next to me and with ease she lifted the beam.

Damn, she was a one-woman army in her silk dress. I don't know how she escaped Hades Playground, but I was relieved she was back at Haven, even if we were currently under attack by Darkness. I wanted to hold her in my arms and take her fears and stress away, but now wasn't the time. I was also curious to know how she got out of Hades' Playground.

"Alaric, you have got to stop getting your ass kicked when I leave you for more than a few hours," she said not breaking a sweat. I heard Alaric grunt, could he not move? "Can you?" Freya said turning to face me.

"Can you crawl out or do you need me to pull you out?" I asked still holding up the metal beam that fell on Alaric. "I got him," I said crawling under the beam and finding Alaric under a pile of bricks, I quickly moved them and pulled him to safety.

"Is he okay?" Freya said worried kneeling down next to me.

"What in Zeus's name do you think?!" Alaric said in pain.

"He's talking, so clearly he's fine," I said standing up. I pulled Freya with me. I held her by her shoulders just staring into her eyes. Now was not the time, but I had no idea if we were going to survive this night.

"Damon?" She said confused. I felt an urge to do something, to act. In a moment, I pressed my lips against her, I felt her body loosen and Freya let out a little whimper. I should have done this months ago. I pulled us apart and open our eyes. We stare at each other, deep into each other's eyes. Freya's face was flushed with blush full of wonder and love,

You took your time getting here. I said. Then we hovered right there, quite soundless for so long, simply feeling each other's presence. Freya?

"Eewwww can you two go make out somewhere else? We need to find Cecilia," Alaric said standing up with one hand on his back as he started to limp away.

"Alaric!" I yelled.

"What?!" He shouted still limping away.

What to say? What will communicate that... That, "You were right."

Alaric froze and straightened up, he spun around on his heels to face his eyes wondering up her body intensely, "Yes, yes I am."

"Guys what are you talking about," Freya said as I backed away from her. "We really need to find the others. Cecilia could be hurt." She looked in between Alaric and I as we shared a knowing glance.

"Right, lead the way," I said carefully reaching for my dagger in my back pocket.

"Looking for this." The imposers said in a deep man's voice with a dark smile holding up my dagger.

"You just can't keep your dick out of crazy," Alaric said rolling his eyes.

The imposer dropped the act of being Freya and her whole-body language changed. Her eyes were narrow in critical of us, the fake crossed her arms tapping her fingers on her skin. "I'll have to admit, I didn't think mortals could see pass my glamour."