The Academy

Chapter 40

Damon

"That's my condition. Take it or leave it," Freya said crossing her arms in front of her chest. She looked adorable with her high ponytail and furrowed brows. Even though she was a God-Killer and ten times stronger than me, I was too embarrassed to tell Freya why I really didn't want to go to The Academy. They would never let me in, I was brother to a traitor. It didn't matter how good I was, how strong I got, or how hard I trained. The Academy would never open its doors to me. I accepted that and I was fine at Haven.

I just wasn't ready for Freya to know.

I knew she wouldn't care what The Academy thought of me, but I still didn't want that to stain the way she saw me. I didn't talk about Roman for a reason. The only people that needed to know the full extent of what he did to The Brotherhood when he left for The Order.

She sat down at the kitchen table determined to get her way. After the night I had, I'd give her anything to have some kind of release. I liked the fact we were sleeping together. Just sleeping to my dick's depression. I wanted her. Gods the things I wanted to do to her. I wanted to kiss every inch of her skin and run my tongue from her neck all the way down to her pussy. I wanted to lap up her sweet juices as she came. I didn't just want to make love to Freya, I wanted to fuck her good and right, until only we existed.

But we were still too early in our relationship for that, so I would have to stick to jerking off to the thought of her before I actually got to cum deep inside her. It's not like she doesn't inspire me. Even now in her tan oversized ribbed knit sweater dress and flats, I was more focused on how easy it would be to lift that dress up and take her against the wall.

I shut off my lustful thoughts and focused on the pancakes, coffee, eggs, and bacon in front of me. I don't know when she went out, but she brought me back breakfast which I was grateful for. "Do you want mine?" Freya ask slightly leaning forward over her food.

"No, thank you," I would never take food from her mouth. She needed to eat more than I did.

"I can go get more," she said getting ready to stand up. I placed my hand on top of hers making her relax back down in her chair.

"I'm fine, really." I kind of like that she wanted to fuss over me; I don't remember the last time someone did. I drank my orange juice in bliss. If mornings were more like this, I would welcome them more often.

"So, you haven't given me an answer," she said getting flustered.

"You can't extend your invitation to me, that's not how it works." I didn't understand why she was so apprehensive to go to the academy, it's not like they would make her stay on campus. She could come and go as much as she wanted to, and I truly believe they would be able to help Freya just like they did with so many other demigods. But she didn't want to go.

"Aren't you technically still my bodyguard? So, invitation or not you have to come," she said with bright wild eyes.

She did have a point there. Technically Ares never released me from my duties, so in a way I was still supposed to keep an eye on Freya. But that was before all this God killer titles came into play.

"If the Academy wanted me, they would have invited me. I'm good at Haven. At least go and look?" She exhaled hard. "Just look at it. No commitment, just look," I encouraged.

"Fine, but I have to be back by tonight. I don't want Roman thinking I flipped," she said with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Freya, you'll never win with Roman. He'll take and take until you have nothing else to give. That's just who Roman is."