Archon

Chapter 18

Freya

"How about this one?" Vanessa said coming out of her walk-in closet. She held up a skintight black, sequined, short dress. Apparently being a companion pays stupidly well.

I was told to go to college and end up in thousands of dollars of debt; Vanessa lives in a grand 1920s English Tudor mansion with exquisite detailing. She had the place tailor-made for the gala of everyone's dreams. This estate had the largest kitchen I'd ever seen with a coatroom, ballroom, banquet room, and a private guest floor. Vanessa lived like American royalty on her hilltop mansion overlooking the cliff side.

"It's not really me," I said sitting on her lounge sofa in her closet. We were surrounded by a high-end polished boutique that made the dressing room look truly decadent.

After our heart-to-heart, Damon had suggested maybe I didn't spend every waking moment with Cecilia. He gave me Vanessa's phone number and here we are. She dropped the formal act, which I both needed and appreciated.

"If you make it three inches shorter, make the back backless and put on those red stilettos, I think we have a winner," Aphrodite said pushing Vanessa out of the way.

"Yeah, that way I can have my coochie on display for everyone," I said finishing my drink and pouring myself another one. Aphrodite kind of just showed up when she heard about my fight with Zeus; she was beside herself thinking I had ruined my face. She wasn't worried if I could walk or talk or was emotionally scarred; my face was more important.

"That's one way to get them," she said coming to sit next to me.

"Damon's not like that," Vanessa said. "He's... traditional."

"You mean boring. Yes, I made him beautiful, but personality-wise he makes Geras' look wild." Not expecting that I choked on my wine with laughter.

God of aging. Gareth had giving me some books to read after our training sessions. I was getting better at remembering who was the God of what.

"There's nothing wrong with wanting to be old school. I think it's sweet," Vanessa said.

I don't know why, but I didn't feel threatened by Vanessa. I had no problem with the fact that she and Damon bumped uglies. I was fine with that, it's only when I think of him choosing Cecilia over me that I lose my senses.

"How about this one?" Vanessa said holding up a simple red skater dress. That was more my style.

"Zeus be praised," Aphrodite said drinking straight from the bottle of champagne, "Don't you have anything worth stepping out in? Here let me try," she said pulling me to stand. She cracked her neck and stretched out her arms, "Let's see if I still got it. I haven't had to bibbity-bobbity-boo anything in the past century."

She sharply snapped her fingers, and my clothes went flying off in a gust of wind, "Aphrodite!" I yelled trying to cover my naked ass.

"One more time," she said taking another swig of the champagne. With a snap, I was dressed again.

Wow. This was ... new. I was sexy?

Aphrodite had created a one-of-a-kind black lace bodycon midi dress. It molded perfectly to my body with a stunning sheer neckline, and carried into a sultry, seamed bustier bodice formed by a thick stretch knit liner, complete with padded cups for some extra va-va-voom!

I was having a great boob day.

The enticing appeal continues down to the mini bodycon skirt and the midi-length, slightly scalloped lace overlay. She put light makeup on me, giving me a dramatic but soft smokey eye look. My lips were bubblegum pink to match the slight blush she had put in my cheeks. My hair hung low down my back perfectly curled. Four dainty gold rings with tiny rhinestone were placed on my painted red fingers. And lastly my shoes were black suede heels that tied around my ankles.