Soldier, Warrior, Hero

Chapter 16

Freya

Wow.

"This is amazing!" I shouted awestruck by the library. Each wall climbed at least two hundred feet into the air with an endless amount of levels. There was a hanging solar system that dwarfed the imagination. Each planet seemed to glow with a golden hue. The room was tiled with a chessboard floor, and about fifty shelves fanning out from a central reception area with six or seven people sitting at tables, working.

"Calm down, nerd. This is the most unappealing room in the whole house," Anson said completely unimpressed. As we walked, I ran my fingers over the spines of the books. The bookcase was ornate, as if carved by a person with a profound love of literature. The engravings were of leaves, autumn berries and birds in flight.

"As an artist, you should be able to appreciate other people's art forms," I said as we circled around the room.

"Too bad the only one I care about is mine," he said.

"Selfish."

"I like to think of it as having a healthy dose of confidence," he said.

"Sure, it is," Anson showed me everything in the house: a gym, suite bedrooms, a grand staircase, four hundred and sixty-five feet of beachfront, an IMAX home theater, a Go-Kart track, an ice-skating rink, three swimming pools, a private hiking trail, a ballroom with a coat check closet, and an indoor basketball court equipped with locker rooms and scoreboards, chromotherapy spa, arcade, an English-style pub, garden room, steam room, even an underground nightclub. But by far the library with the coolest thing I had seen, other than the on-call Butler's that were constantly bringing me food. As we made our way back into the hallway I had to ask, "If you can live here, why do you choose to live in your apartment?"

"Not impressed by my bachelor pad?" Anson said.

"Believe me, after my shitty apartment, your apartment might as well be a castle." Even though it wasn't anything much, I kind of missed having it.

"Privacy. I've never been a fan of commune living. We all have to move out of the dorms eventually."

"Gotcha, the girl in your apartment. Even rock stars have to settle down eventually," I said remembering her.

"Maybe, but Evelyn doesn't dictate what I do."

"I'm sure that's the only dick-taking she does." He ignored my comment as we headed back outside. "Where is everyone?"

"Training before we head to Haven." I saw a group of men running in formation towards us, "Ask and you shall receive. Would you like to meet some of our elite members?"

"No, but I would like to talk to your leaders."

"Why?"

"I've talked to The Elders." Hell, I had tea on a daily basis with Elder Favian, "And they've told me their ideology. Why can't your people do the same?"

"Because I'm sure they met you before your God-Killer days," he said.

Mockingly I said, "What happened to embracing being me?"

"We do. And..."

"And? Let me meet your priests," I insisted.

"The Ministry. And I will give them the option to meet with you," he said, a little apprehensive.

"When?"

"I don't know. But as soon as I have a date and a time, you will be the first to know...and would you look at the time, you have to go," Anson said waving his hands over me teleporting me back to my room at Haven.