Family Matter

Chapter 5

Alaric

"What's Olympus really like? Like is there nothing, but non-stop orgies?" I asked. Since everyone was underground, I decided to go back to The Brotherhood mansion. I was currently sitting in the cafeteria with a box of pizza at my side and a case of beer next to that.

Since me and the book we're getting along so well, I decided to name it; Ajo. Because just like her this book was blowing my mind.

Olympus is home to the Gods. Each God has their own personality, they all enjoy different activities.

"Ajo, you're no fun. In all your infinite knowledge, you won't tell me about the fun stuff," I said taking a huge bite of my pizza slice. "Fine, what can you tell me about Nyx and Erebus?"

Nyx, the Primordial Goddess of Night

Nyx is a figure of exceptional power and beauty, so much so, she is feared by Zeus himself. She is one of the primordial Gods who emerged at the dawn of creation. Nyx is considered to be the daughter of the God Chaos, the very first of all deities.

Nyx resides in the depths of Tartarus, and the dark misty air which swirls around Tartarus is Erebus. There's never one without the other. Nyx cannot exist without Erebus. Like two heads of a coin, hand in hand, night and darkness

"Hey!" my attention snapped to Anson floating above head. "What the fuck is going on? Why can't I leave?"

"Better question, how the fuck did you even get on campus? Haven has shields up to protect itself against The Order," I said pulling my pizza down and standing up.

Floating down to me he said, "Don't get your panties in a bunch, I'm not even here from The Brotherhood. I came for Freya."

"Well good luck finding her because she's somewhere in the millions of tons of water trying to drown us." I said as we came to stand eye to eye.

Rubbing his templates Anson said, "Did I just get myself trapped in here?"

"Pretty much. For the next thirty-six hours it's you, me and Ajo," I said.

"Evelyn's going to kill me," he said running his fingers over his face and mumbling to himself.

Who's Evelyn?

"Pizza?" I asked.

He exhaled hard, and said, "No"

"Beer?"

"Sure" I tossed him a beer and we sat.

"Did you steal Freya's book?" He said pointing to Ajo.

"I stole it from a guy who stole it from Freya." Or at least I think that's what happened.

We sat in silence drinking our beers. What do you say to the enemy? Everything Anson stood for was wrong. Yet, here I am. Having a beer with him. As far as things I thought would never happen to me I never in my wildest dreams pictured me cracking a cold one open with The Order.

Well, this just went back to being a long thirty-six hours.

Damon

I teleported to the outskirts of Cutler. As long as the force fields shields were up, I couldn't get in to Haven. That's never happened before. So why now? The storm was not letting up anytime soon.

I still couldn't believe Freya. Why would she want to keep something so important about her sister no less to herself?!

"Help! Please, help me!" I heard a woman scream. I turned around barely able to see through the bullet like raindrops falling. "Help!"