Nyx

Chapter 1

Nyx

"This is your last warning," Hermes said crossing his arms like the child he was. "Zeus will-"

"Will what?!" I said letting my voice echo throughout my hall. I knew he could feel my powers radiating through the darkness that surrounded us. The throne I sat on was a high back black onyx chair, with blood red velvet cushions. The throne sat on top of an endless platform. The rest of the room was covered with black tourmaline. High windows showed an endless night, with tapestries that hung from the walls.

Zeus had some nerve sending a child to MY realm.

I stood up and slowly started to descend the stairs while I tossed my long brown hair back. I wore a sequined black beaded sleeveless crop top dress. The sides were cut out around the open back, while beaded straps encircled my waist. A matching beaded band crowned my naturally perfect waistline on the long jersey skirt that softly caressed my hips before flowing down to brush the floor. "Hear this, if Zeus has a message for me, he's going to have to deliver it himself."

"Nyx, you know I'm only the messenger," he said standing in those ridiculous gold Adidas winged shoes, and a gray jogging suit. "If I have to come back down here, it'll be to give you a declaration of war."

"I welcome it," I spat.

Hermes bowed and crossed one leg in front of the other. He bent down low and shot off the ground into a ball of white light soaring back to Olympus.

Yes, run home to Daddy.

I descended the rest of the stairs, sweeping pass where Hermes had just stood.

I haven't waited millennia to stop now. If Zeus wants to stop me, he'll have to rip me apart until the end of time.

I commanded the throne room doors open with a flick of my wrist. As I busted through the hundred-foot-tall doors, I couldn't help but look through a window. Snow? White snow fell gently to the ground. I snap my fingers and a crushed red velvet cape appeared on my body. I pulled the hood on and snapping my fingers I was outside of my castle.

I walked with purpose throughout my grounds taking in the sights. Night had forever fallen fast upon this land. The darkness was thick. I could feel the hairs on my arm raise up, and the bite of the wind had left its mark in the form of small bumps that were tingling on my arms, but its bite was more than flesh deep. My blood ran cold through my veins and my bones were chilled. I enjoyed this weather.

The satisfaction of being the first to make an impression in a blanket of freshly lain snow was relaxing, the subtle crunch of snow under my feet was calming.

Achaeus, would have loved this.

I saw a flicker of light in the distance and teleported to it.

At least Hermes was respectful.

I knelt down cupping the flame that's sat above the only grave here: My Achaeus.

I wipe some of the dirt away from the headstone. Smooth marble with new black writing stood before me as a constant reminder of what was taken.

I stood up with a sense of melancholy in my heart. Under the soil is nothing but more soil. I don't even have his body.

A familiar hand reached out behind me and rested on my waist, "You'll catch your death out here." I heard Erebus say resting his forehead on my beck.

"How is Thanatos?" I said with distance in my voice.

"Ready to fight; just as the others are." He spun me around and offered me his arm. We turned away from the grave and started walking back to the castle.

"Good, it won't be long now. It's time for this to end. What news do you have about the demigod?" I asked.

He laughed as if I said something funny, "We have nothing to worry about. Out of all of Ares children, this one has to be the weakest. She's no Amazon, and nowhere near as impressive as his sons. She's just the only one left, there's nothing special about her."

"Still, take care of her, we have one chance at this. Do not mess it up," I demanded.

"Never, my lady," his lips came crashing down on mine. For the time our lips were locked, the world itself ceased to exist, blurred and indistinct as a wet painting left out in the torrent that fell from the dark clouds above. He pushed his lips in more firmly and a wave ran through that was so intoxicating, it made my head swim as I pull back to take in his beautiful face. "You've missed me?"

"Don't be cute, it's not flattering on you," I said.

"I do hate it when you play coy. Would it be so bad to admit you want me just as much as I want you?"

"I want for nothing; I need this demigod taken care of." I said walking away from him.

I felt Erebus hands wrap around my waist holding me in place, "I want you." I really didn't feel like spending a week in bed with Erebus. Although, maybe a week in bed would do him some good. I needed him focused on the task at hand.

"What's stopping you?" I said knowing I was going to be sore after this.