Changed or Love Wipped

Chapter 10

Freya

I woke up so comfortable, I could just fall back to sleep. My body didn't hurt anymore. Thank God for my demigod healing factor.

I stretched out, opening my eyes and I was face to face with Damon. He was fast asleep. His features were much softer when he slept, the lines that usually creased his brow were replaced by a more youthful appearance. He looked so peaceful. He shifted his body, so he was holding on to my waist tighter, "Mine."

I couldn't make out what he said, but as he turned to make himself comfortable, I felt his morning wood poke at my thigh. A deep seeded arousal rushed across my skin like a kiss from the sun. I laid back down setting on Damon's chest. His chests rising and falling against my cheek, our breaths in unison and clasped in each other's warmth. I like this.

Just as I was about to close my eyes, I saw a ball of light float down from the ceiling and as it got closer to my face it exploded in a pile of glitter. From the pile of glitter, a pair of small white shell earrings and a pink sticky note fell to the ground. I can't have just one normal day. I sat up and crawled off the couch careful not to wake up Damon. I picked up the earrings and the note. I read the girly cursive handwriting:

Well done!
So proud of you. It's almost like you two are meant to be together. You kept it classy and completely PG which I wasn't expecting.

Here's something to help you woo your sweetheart next time.

Wear with caution, sometimes love can be just as dangerous as war.

We had a movie night that I fell asleep halfway through. A real player move.

And what did she mean 'wear with caution'? I mean they were fabulous, but they weren't jump across traffic just to get a peek at them beautiful. The note disappeared into a puff of silver glitter and I put on the earrings. I guess today I would try to look nice. I walked to the door and look back at Damon who was still asleep on the couch. Maybe, we could go on an actual date?

I stepped outside the room and walked across the hall to my bedroom. I showered and brushed my teeth. I didn't really bother with my hair and makeup. A high ponytail would be just fine, and since I had no idea what the day would hold, a fresh face would be fine.

Vvvvvvzzzttt vvvvzzzztttt vvvvzzzttttt

As I walked back into my room, I heard my phone vibrating, but got there too late to answer. Seconds later, I got a text form Anson.

Good morning lovely!

I put on a red romper and tan wrap around the ankle sandals. I sat on my bed and texted Anson back. We have been keeping our friendship on the DL ever since I came back to Haven. Anson couldn't be here without everyone wanting to kill him, but I still wanted to keep tabs on him. Everyone else may want to exclude him because he's part of The Order, but he was still a part of this team. For whatever reason Athena's book chose him. Which reminds me. I needed get my book and my dog back from Alaric. I was starting to think honey loved Alaric more than me.

Morning! Don't call me that.

You know you love it.😑

:(

Fine. Anything new happened?

I had to think hard about what I was going to say. Did I tell him the truth about Ares, being tested by Zeus and meeting Aphrodite?

Nothing, same old thing.

Nothing's old hat with you. As much as I miss your company, I'll be going dark for a little while.