Chaos

Chapter 41

Damon

After Freya's departure I teleported back to my room at Haven, I was still needed here. I just needed to figure out how. Freya would love The Academy. They would roll out the red carpet for her. Once she accepted their offer, I didn't know where that left us. Everything she would need The Academy would provide; housing, food, education, men.... Anything.

I pondered that over as I took a quick shower. Once finished I dressed myself in black sweats, a white tee and tennis shoes. As I opened my bathroom door, steam drying my hair with my element, I saw Leo sitting on my couch.

"What's up?" I asked walking over to him.

"I think I should be asking you that," he said turning around to face me. He was dressed simply in a Nike hoodie and blue jeans. "Where have you been? You had The Elders and everyone else worried. That's not like you, to disappear for days on end and not tell us what's going on."

"I know, I'm sorry. I was taking care of Freya. We were attacked on the beach and long story short, I had to ask Roman for help." More like barter. But all that mattered was Freya was okay.

Leo stood up with a twisted look of confusion, "It must have been bad for you to ask him for help." I nodded yes.

The way her body convulsed and shook was heartbreaking. I didn't know if she was actually going to wake up. I went into more detail and told Leo everything; the beach, my old childhood house, Roman and The Academy. "So, you've been busy."

"You have no idea," I said throwing myself on my bed. I didn't sleep much last night; I was too wired. I had this urge to stand guard over Freya.

"Hercules is taking us to Olympus sometime in late December," Leo blurted out.

My head popped up off the mattress, "Taking you."

"And you. You don't say no to the Gods. Look I know you're Bonded to Freya and you want to believe she can handle this, I want you to. But Hercules is Hercules. He's a warrior, son of Zeus and the God of strength. He seen countless battles and won. I'm not putting down Freya's achievements, she's done a lot, but nothing on this level. We need a real leader," he said walking over to me.

"I'm not giving up on her. We can't do this without you. Without everyone," I emphasized.

"I know, but we need some kind of plan. Can you honestly say she has one? Because Hercules does. The Gods are taking this seriously and they're calling it the war to end darkness. Can you honestly say you're going to put that much faith and trust in Freya?"

"Yes, and it's not because we're bonded. But I know what's in Freya's heart. The Gods are taking you to Olympus, not to The Underworld, they're not even keeping you on Earth. So, Erebus and Nyx have to go through The Underworld, destroy Earth and then move on to Olympus. What happens if you defeat them? You have nothing to go home to. There won't be any Brotherhood because there won't be any Earth. The only way you win is by dying. We took an oath to protect those that would use their abilities against the innocent, that we would live and die by our actions and our cause, right now is the time to put our oath into action. Like Freya said, this war will kill us all indiscriminately. I know no one wants to give up their spot in Elysium, but I'm asking you for you to be patient. If you're going in December, at least give Freya a deadline. Either we have a plan and we're all going, or we divide ourselves and die."

Leo was never one to be finicky, but clearly whatever Hercules has been feeding him was working.

"Fine," he exhaled, "But we need you too. Come to training-"